Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Just got the 06-summer catalogue in the mail.
Super nice good job guys. It reminds me of the Fox catalogs in the way it is laid out and shot with lifestyle and product mixed in. The way the product is photographed and laid out is first class. I cant tell you how nice it is to see something that looks like it was put together with lots of thought put into it. I have been getting these types of catalogs from other companies in the mail for some time. They all look the same year after year. They go straight in the garbage after a quick flick threw. This will stick around for a while. I like how the product is all photographed in the same angle and light it gives you a better feal for how it looks when you have it sitting next to other product side by side. That was cool how you layed out the lady's product in a matching package's. Board's Boots Rope Vest good marketing ploy, You know once all the lady's see how they can be all matching its all over, J/K
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-26-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
i got one to. definately an awesome catalog and was professionally done.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-26-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
I got one, I really enjoyed it as well. I stare at it at work to pass time.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
I really liked how they did the ladies section. I thought that looked really cool. The boat accessories pages were pretty nice too.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
My wife ordered $270.00 worth of board shorts and shirts from Wakeside. We went to the local shops and they didn't have anything she liked. Wakeside is great.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-26-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
catalog was laid out very clean which i liked, but the printing was pretty bad, very cheap paper. felt almost like news print. still a nice catalog but i expected a little more
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Its funny that they dont airbrush Ambush off watsons board in the ad.Ambush = Buywake,their competition.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2006, 11:55 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback on the catalog, it was a huge challenge to represent the industry the way we think it should be show cased, and give it the credit it deserves. In the end, hopefully we did wakeboarders justice, and although we definitely have some ideas for round two, I think it was a good move for the industry (especially compared to the Bart's, Overton's, etc.).

entrust, I'm sorry you felt short changed on the printing. We actually picked the matte finish paper on purpose because we thought it fit the layout and style a little better than glossy print. We'll definitely keep your opinion in mind for the future.

Jim, we definitely could have taken the Ambush sticker off his board, but we're not about doctoring images like that. We shot that picture in our image studio with Shawn was out this way last fall, and that's how he had is board stickered, so we didn't want to play with it.

BTW, if anyone hasn't received a catalog but would like one, just send your name and mailing address to sales@wakeside.com, and we'll get one out to your right away.

Thanks,

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-27-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
like i said Jason, the lay out and design was really clean, that says alot. not many people understand that less is more. i just felt the printing wasn't up to par with it. but i know cost is an issue with catatlogs like this, the reason my company has never had a catalog is because of cost. they get really expensive really quick.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Jason, the catalog is really nice. It's very professional and well laid out. Nice job guys. Plus it made me buy some stuff!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-28-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
If you start changing things... KEEP HOW THE BOARDS ARE SHOWN!
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-28-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Definately photographed well. And the girls section is something I will never show my GF because it was laid out so well and I like my money.

However next time I would take an iron to some of those shirts. A few wrinkles add texture and life but too many took away from the shirt for me. Which is weird cause I haven't ironed in about 4 yrs.