Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    jetpilotrider03            05-15-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
"Soven might have had a chance to win the category hands down when he rotated a switch toeside 1080 and landed solid with the handle. But the handle popped out of his hand and he slowly coasted away without it."
i read this off of wbm, but i guess no one rode away w/ one
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-16-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
I talked with the safety crew and he said no one came close, but after reading that it sounds like Soven was really close. I should get some vid of the comp soon.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-16-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
surely if he got a ts switch 1080, he shud have no probs with a regular. and if noones landed it why doesn't he just claim the crown!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-16-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Harf got the best trick with a HS9 and Parks got the Big Air.

Harry ~ I have landed a few tricks with out the handle, but they don't count. On the other hand I never thought Soven would be in the running for the crown. Next years will be a good one for sure.

I just got off the phone with the RedBull guy that puts together the event and he wants a new location for next year. Something were more people could watch. I'm trying to talk him into a Cali d-up contest but need some info on good venue to hold it at? The venue would need to be a place where people could watch, but also where the water would be good for all the riders.

The Castaic comp yesterday was a good spot and also Irvine lake, but what other lakes would work? Any lakes in Cali would be considered.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
what is it about switch ts for the 1080? that's how parks did it too. seems like switch ts for an odd spin (540, 900), makes sense as you land regular, but for full rotations...?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-16-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
correction on Harf's trick. It was a switch HS9

(Message edited by antbug on May 16, 2005)
Old    stillstandin            05-16-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
Antbug..Lake tulloch has a resort, with a lake front view..plenty of room to watch a contest..
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Now i don't know if you could do it or how it would work but i've always thought a double up contest at Marine World's water ski venue would be awesome. Of course you would probably have to pay to get in the park and that part would totally suck. the good part is that it has room for tons of spectaters and the water conditions usually look pretty good
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-17-2005, 1:44 AM Reply   
so, i'm guessing they find the switch spins easier???? otherwise why would they not be going for the 1080 regular, surely this would mean they'd have landed it by now.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-18-2005, 3:34 AM Reply   
just took at look at the event pics, they look sweet,

wheres the shots of parks biggest air?? or adkinsons mobe5??
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
I thought the same thing harry... it looked like harf was the only guy they took pictures of. Damn hyperlite riders get all the exposure.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-18-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Leo. welcome to wakeboarding media.

A hucked 9 vs a nose grabbed mobe 5?

I would put my kids on it that if Harf was throwin the mobe 5 and Andrew was throwing the 9, Harf would have won.
It's the power of sponsorship.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-18-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, we didn't find out about this event until about an hour before it started. So, from San Diego with very short notice, I had to rally a photographer in Florida to get out to the event and take pics. Unfortunately, that only allowed him to arrive about half way through the day and catch the last four riders.

I apologize for the poor coverage, but it's tough to make it out to an event that's so "secret" that they won't even tell WakeWorld about it.