Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    devastate            05-16-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
Mike i have a question, i'm stuck over here in the philippines. Now when i went to malaysia there was a copy WBM in EVERY magazine shop i went into, after buying my first copy i loved it and have read it about 40 times cover to cover, however now i am back in the philippines and i have visited over 100 magazine stores, NONE of them have WBM?? do you have a distribution centre here? if so , could you give me the address? if not, where else can i get it?

Cheers

John
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
Hey John, I'm filipino, and wondering...where in the P.I. do you ride?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-16-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
Hey John, Mike is a photographer and doesn't take care of international distribution for Wakeboarding Mag (at least last time I checked). You'd be better off going to their website and submitting the question, or maybe just subscribing.

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/
Old    devastate            05-16-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
kickass i'm not actually filipino but i've been living here for 5 yrs already so i'm pretty at home here. there's a cablepark in batangas called Lago De Oro, its bigger than most of the places over there (Texas Ski Ranch etc) has 2 kickers and 2 sliders, has 8 people at any one time max. Then if you wanna ride behind a boat you have to go lake Caliraya, a few people have boats there, my friend (the owner of the main wakeboarding retail shop here) is buying one of the new Tige boats, but ofcourse import taxes from the US are huge, so very few people have boats. If you come over here this summer hit me up and take you down there for a ride :-)

John
Old    devastate            05-16-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
Thanks bill, i was just hoping maybe he could look up if there is a distributor here.
Old    devastate            05-19-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
bleh - i'mpostingthissoitgoestothetopandhopefullymikeisle rwillseeit
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-19-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
I have been away from my office for a few days, and away from my computer. Unfortunately, I'm just a freelance photographer who does some work for WBM...I'm not employed by them. To subscribe, you could check out this page at https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/document?ikey=08943HNET . That's just a link from WBM's website. Other than that...I don't know what else to tell ya!

Best,

Mike
Old    devastate            05-19-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
alright then, thanks for your help. unfortunatly shipping for the subscribtion would probably be about 6 times as much per issue as the entire subscription.
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-19-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
John,

Well, for international subscriptions, it's $37.97 (including shipping). Shipping is part of the total subscription fee...That works out to $4.22 USD per issue, at your doorstep. I don't know how much you pay at the news-stand there, but I doubt that it's much less than that.

Mike
Old    devastate            05-19-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
ah ok, thanks for that. i'll look into it

John
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-21-2004, 11:08 PM Reply   
John...any additional info would be appreciated. I'm going to Singapore for a month to a month and a 1/2 in Aug/Sept and it'd be cool to hit up a cable park.........
Old    devastate            05-26-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
umm.. sorry levi but as i wrote above ^^^ i'm in the philippines... not singapore
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Is it not possible to get there from Singapore via plane or boat?
Old    devastate            05-26-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
yeah ofcourse :-) but it would cost you, lol
but yeah if you wanna come over here, i can take you down to the cable park here, it also has its own resort with beach, sauna, pool etc if you wanna stay over night there and wakeboard for a few days. room rates are about $50 a night and they give you a free ticket to the cablepark for every night you stay.

let me know

John
Old    norcal_99            05-27-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Levi, It's about 1,500 miles from Singapore to the Philippines. Thailand is much closer and has some cable parks
Old    norcal_99            05-27-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Levi,

There are also Cable Parks in Indonesia.

http://www.cable-ski.com/

Contact these people..

NAGA Sea-Sports Pte Ltd / CableSki Ventures Pte Ltd
c/o 391A , Orchard Road
12-01 Ngee Ann City Tower A
Singapore 238873
Tel : (65) 6270-1365 (Booking & Enquiry Office)
Fax: (65) 6293-5491
e-mail: nagass@singnet.com.sg (main)

info@cableskiventures.com

Contact persons:

Mr. E.H LONG (h/p 94875007)
email: nagass@singnet.com.sg

Mr. Michael Tan (h/p 94568924)
email: michael_tan@cableskiventures.com

(Message edited by norcal_99 on May 27, 2004)
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info!
Rene - have you been to any of these places? How is traveling over there from place to place...is it sketchy at all? any advice?

thx
Old    norcal_99            05-27-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Levi, As Asia goes, I've been to Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, India, Japan and Mainland China, but never for pleasure. It was always work related.

I wouldn't consider traveling from place to place to be sketchy, at least in Southeast Asia. Now, Western Asia/Middle East might be a different story.

My advice would be to contact the people in my post above once you get to Singapore. They are located in Singapore.

Also, remember not to spit in public while in Sing. My manager got a ticket.
Old    devastate            05-29-2004, 1:27 AM Reply   
as far as travelling within any country in asia goes, i wouldnt go anywher outside a city unless your with a local who you KNOW and trust. from experience

John