Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (jamesnismo2006)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-18-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
I will be at Lake Mojave from April 30th to May 3rd. I will be launching out of Katherines landing and staying in laughlin. Does anybody have any experience leaving their boat in a slip there at Katherines? IS there anything I should know about lake conditions currently. Thanks in advance. I did search first and found some posts from 2003 and 2004. I was hoping I could get some up to date info

Thanks
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
Wind Wind and more wind. Anything else?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Probably goes without saying....Don't leave your gear in the boat in the slip. I had a friend get his boat cleaned out by scuba divers.

Yes, thieves in scuba gear would swim over to the slips at night and steal stuff. Eventually got caught but did a lot of damage along the way.

Yes, there will be wind but you can usually catch some butter by the dam in the early am.
Old     (jamesnismo2006)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
thanks for the info so far. i hope there is more because i want to be fully prepared
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-20-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
If you wake early I promise you will love it. Last time I went we gambled/partied until about 2am and woke about 530. As soon as you see the glass for as the eye can see you will be so stoked you wont be tired. If it starts getting cloudy or you see lighting get off the lake as soon as possible it can get nasty quick. Hope that helps and be safe.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-23-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Brian I agree. I was at the tables all night, looked outside and saw daylight. Turned to my buddy and said "Let's go ride!!"

The riding was below par that morning for some weird reason...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
I too have seen a lot of stuff stolen out of cars there. Last time I was there, this family with young kids had their back window smashed to get to their stuff. Poor little dudes had to drive through the desert in summer heat. Take all valuables with you and leave nothing visible!!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-23-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
I was in the laughlin area last weekend. We did not go to mohave but I have launched there multiple times. It is nice in the mornings and late afternoon, last weekend was windy (in bullhead) from 10am-6pm. If you have a chance, try launching in the river in the topock/needles area. We started going to this area last year rather than mohave and have been very happy.