Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-29-2008, 10:59 PM Reply   
any feedback on either of these drivers?
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-30-2008, 2:14 AM Reply   
Never heard a CVX before, but I have heard a 15" L7 and my head was throbbing and I thought the glass was going to shatter in my buddies Jeep. Then a week later the whole system was jacked...the louder your stuff is, the more people it attracts. Which can be good sometimes, but not it this case.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-30-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
The L7 pounds. Give a 12" L7 800-1000 watts and a decent box and you will love it. I have 2 of them and couldn't imagine "upgrading" for any reason - absolutely no need.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-30-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Not thinking of the image or the treo anymore? of these 2 ,go L7 unless the mounting was a problem
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-30-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
I'll throw out Digital Designs. Those things pound and will take a beating.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-30-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
yes. always looking at everything. i throw this out there because i am not normally a big kicker fan but read a sub comparison last night where the kicker cvx and l7 did very very well. i still think ID is one of my fav's though.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-30-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
Good call Jarrod , but most people haven't heard of DD ,the west coast is simply run by the mass marketed companies,JL,Kicker,RF,...... and so on. I understand the difficulty as a consumer trying to eliminate as many "trial by error" install by doing as much homework as possible without bias viewpoints or innacurate assumptions.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-30-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
there are many like dd. dd is great. I like image dynamics. I have heard mixed reviews on elemental as rumors say that their specs are not accurate??
have heard mixed on treo. tc sounds was awesome and soundsplinter is another one. css make a very nice sub also. adire was one of the best and you can still find their XBL2 technology in many subs
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-30-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Ryan, I won't push anything but DD. Helps that they are located about 20 minutes from our shop. OKC, OK. Do you use their amps and components as well?

Steve and the gang over there are awesome to deal with and are always here looking for ways to improve their product. I have also used their amps for the system in my boat and have beat them to hell and back w/out any issues all last season.

Speaking of amps, you need to look into Stetsom amps out of Brazil. They are killer. We'll be bringing their stuff in after the first of the year when they get their US warehouse open.
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-30-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
I understand also Ryan. Most folks who come in here, have never heard of DD and they are manufactured right here in Oklahoma. Everybody wants JL or Kicker. But I've hurt a lot of JL and Kicker fans feelings when comparing them to DD.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-30-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Jarrod.............lol, you right about easily offending people.I try to give as much advice based on what someone already has when it comes to forums, audio is a funny thing when it comes to pride,consumers will by something based on over seas specs and not on what the overall outcome is......ooooooooh. and don't ever say anything else your head is on the plate.

Steve's a cool a$$ dude , have you had much time to work with Pete(acoustics engineer)?

Ty : For the world of subs,it is much like what everybody knows or doesn't know about amp specs. many companies shift their t/s parameters to seem appealing to the consumer, this is something more noticed in mid west to east because of the lack of SPL interest on the west coast. thus making it again difficult for you to have faith in the manufacture specs
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-30-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
I do the same Ryan. It gets tough, because 50% of the time, you try to educate them and they get offended. Especially when you try to tell them they would be better off with one or two tens instead of twelves, etc, etc.

Steve is a funny m'f*%ker. Haven't had the pleasure of working Pete yet.
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-30-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Not sure how they would sound in a boat... but I have 2 CVX's in my truck! they sound great with hip-hop and with rock!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
CVX is booty...pass.