Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-22-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
I made a similar post last year. However, i want to bring this up again. Who out there has Closed to boots that stink? I have a pair of 08 Cells that are just awful. They never seem to dry and the always have a bad odor. My 07's had a similar problem but it didn't seem to be this bad. Anyone else out there with the same pain? If so what have you done to make them smell better? I don't remember having this problem with the 06 LF shanes. So i might be switching back soon.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
Removable Liners is definitely one good thing. The slingshot boots are that way. I remove the liners after every bath in the lake.
granted i have not had the boots for a year even, but it just seems to make sense to me that you can remove the liner to air dry better
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
what about some kind of baking soda thing?
i think arm and hamer makes something that goes in shoes... or even one of the refrigerator thingies.
just a guess
Old    59yroldkid            07-22-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
I have slingshot boots, also. I soak the liners in hydrogen peroxide occasionally. It keeps the mildew in check, and so far has not chemically damaged them. You can also put some hydrogen peroxide in an old Windex bottle and spray it on the insides and outsides of the liners.

I also remove the liners as soon as I get my board off the boat so that the boots and liners will dry right away.
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       07-22-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
I've had the 08 ronix ones for like a month and if I leave them in my yukon after riding, DAMN!!!!!!!! I've sprayed freebreeze in em once or twice just to cut down on the smell.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-22-2008, 10:45 PM Reply   
this thread just reminded me that I left my wakeboard in the back of my car, along with a wet vest.

Thanks a lot!
Old    walt            07-23-2008, 5:40 AM Reply   
My vest and guru top get a little funky sometimes too.