Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wally247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
I was all set for a great 4 day weekend at my friends lake house, great water, decent boat, jet skis and an upside down kayak. then friday night i had a nasty faceplant. not so bad that I got knocked out but bad enough the guys in the boat heard the face to water impact. I was ok to go again put in abou 15 more min. of edging and ollie practice before I stopped.

the saturday morning it was choppy and no one was on the lake so we decided to tube (bad idea) i went for a wicked tube ride then the water started to settle down so we went wakeskating behind the sea doo. then i happened I wasn't doing anything, just riding behind the jet ski and we hit a roller from a boat a ways away and my shoulder popped out. this happended last year while skateboarding, but it hasn't hurt or done anything since then almost a full year ago. now i'm in an immobilizer typing with one hand wishing i was wakeboarding. i was ready to go one handed one sunday but everyone elses better judgement kept me from getting out there. so 5 days until I can use my arm probably 2-3 before my neck stops hurting. How long until it safe to go again? keep in mind i haven't missed a weekend yet this summer.

my working theory by the way is that the tubing worked it loose from getting yanked around and the roller from skating just finished the job. is that possible?

sorry about the bad typing, only have one hand