Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Who all is making the trip to LBC this weekend? If you see a small Alpina ski boat with a Sky Ski behind it, stop by and say hello (go for a spin?). We should be out all weekend.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-22-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Daniel, LBC over PVR on a 3 day weekend Sketchy.
Old    Slingshot            05-22-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
That lake is going to be a washing machine! Make sure you get up at the butt crack of dawn to ride!
Old     (moombakidadg)      Join Date: May 2008       05-22-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
I stay away from that place during big holiday weekends. My parents used to own the marina there (3 R ) and its just a zoo. I second getting up at 6 to ride if you want butta.
Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
prineville would have been my choice. next weekend we will be there. air temp is 40 degrees in the morning...who is crazy enough to do that =)

p.s. damn cell phones. cant believe i am on my phone posting at the cove.
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-23-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
pvr was my first time straping on wakeboard and now i live in orlando lbc and pvr miss oregon great place
Old     (scheaferwake)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
Water was great all weekend on Prineville Kids on water at 7am and off by 11am. Monday lake was empty except for the jasper gang.

Water was warmer then the air.
Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-27-2009, 10:25 PM Reply   
I can tell you that the water temp at LBC was much colder than the air. But I think we lucked out with some good foiling water. Prineville this weekend.
Old     (scheaferwake)      Join Date: May 2009       05-28-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
We will be on PVR Friday night - Sunday

Watch out for the new no wake zone around the resort. The good thing is the tubers seem to stay in the main body and stay out of Jasper.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Anything to look out for on Chinook? Possibly dragging my boat down there for a week in August. Gonna run some high schoolers around for church summer camp.

Any places I shouldn't take the boat? Never been there before. What are the temps like in August? Water/Air?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-28-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Air temps should be in the 80's or 90's. Water temp should be right around 70 give or take a few depending on the weather the week before. It's a great lake, but just like every place, it gets busy on the weekend. Are you camping or house boating?

The lake is really deep, and there are very few obstacles to watch out for. The only thing that I can really think of is a patch of rocks near the main ramp. It's well marked with buoys on all sides though.

Here are a few pics I found from google. It gives you a good idea of what it's like!

Upload
Upload
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
Looks like fun. We'll be doing the houseboating thing. Thanks for the info.