Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
I am get ready to order some ballast sacs and a pump for my I/O ('99 Sea Ray 210 BR) and would like some advice. I know little about them.

From previous searches, it seems like the Tsunami pump is the way to go. So I plan on ordering one of those for sure.

I would also like to get a sac for my odd shaped ski locker. The front 32" of the locker is about 12" wide and the rear 50" about 21" wide. Height is about 13" the whole 82" length.

I found a Straight Line Sumo Sac (Sumo Jr V) that is 13H x 21W X 45L (450lbs). This sac will fill up the entire rear 50" length of the ski locker about perfect. But...I don't know how the Fly High Tsunami pump will work with the Straight Line Sac and I hate to waste the front 32" of the locker.

I also found a Fly High Tube Sac that is 10H x 16W x 62L (370 lbs). I could slide this sac clear to the front of the locker and still have some storage in the back of the locker. But I won't get full weight because the front of locker is only 12" wide vs the 16" width of the sac.

Third option, get a smaller sac for the front and go with the Sumo Sac Jr V (if the pump would work) for the rear. But how hard would it be to fill and drain it? Can I get to the vent? I don't want to have to crawl in there!! Can I get fittings and run a drain and fill line extension that lays in the ski locker?

My ski locker will drain into the bilge so I could just let them drain in the boat and then run the bilge pump too.

Thanks
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
The only brand IMO is Fly High. The sumo sacs are having issues breaking according to my local dealer that sells them. The other straight line sacs are garbage to.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have a sumo 900 for the floor in my boat and have not had a single issue with it. But the fly high is a better system in my opinion.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-20-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Fly High has the best selection of standard and semi-custom sacs, and will do a full custom if you like. IMO, it's better to have a sac that is slightly larger then the storage, then slightly smaller.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
In my Overton's catalog there is a Fly High rear seat sac that is 12" x 26" x 62", it says it is a 650# sac.

On the Fly High website, http://www.fatsac.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighSacs.html, they have the rear seat sac at only 10" x 26" x 60" and still 650#'s?? Anyone know which is correct?

I will look into the custom sacs but it would probably be far cheaper to get a standard one "off the shelf".
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-20-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
fly high fat sac and tsunami pump is gold. we have a 2005 220 sea ray and our boat loves 4 people in the main section and 750 lbs up front.

this was at 22 mph (according to star gazer wake edition PP) trying to teach my friend to go W2W its just a good pic of the wake
Upload
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-22-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
Went with a 20 x 20 x 50 Fly High Fat Sac and Tsunami pump.

This will fit into the rear of the ski locker nice, it will just be about 7" taller than I need so it won't get filled all the way (or the ski locker lid won't get closed all the way ).

We might just shove some weights or possibly eventually get a smaller sac for the front of the ski locker. Still have about 12" x 12" x 32" of wasted space up there (another 165#).

But I need to see where else the weight should go in the boat first. This will get us by until spring.

Thanks for the suggestions.