Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
Does anybody know what type of fittings the launch pad fat sacs use for adding them into a ballast system? I am expanding my system and was interested in some of their sacs but I want to make sure I could easily tie them in. All of my other sacs are fly high and I just used standard 3/4" pvc fittings and teflon tape. Will this work for launch pad also?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-18-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
On my system I went to lowes and got the l" (I think) barbed connection in the garden center area and some hose clamps. Forced the barb into the sac and used a hose clamp to hold it has worked for three years now.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-18-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
^^^^^I did the same but added a little silicone when inserting the barb then tightened up the hose clamps. Just installed it last night so not sure if it's water tight. Did a lot of searching and this is what a lot of people do though. I heated up the ballast bag opening with a heat gun first and it slid right in. The Launch pad threads are on the outside of the opening, like a waterbed.

By the way, I know others use the 3/4" pvc fittings with teflon tape for the fly highs, but a couple of mine leaked over time and I eventually installed the fly high fittings. Dry so far.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
How durable are the older launch pad sacs? I am tempted to go with those because they are about half the price of the fly highs or the newer sumo sacs but Idont want something that is gonna spring a leak within a year or two.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-19-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
My lunch pad sac stayed in the ski locker for three years and no problems. I wouldn't lay a wake board with sharpe fins on it.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
i have some of the new sumo sacs in my nautique and the are sick. The material is just like the fly high sacs, and so far they are holding up great. just my .02!
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
Ive had mine since 03 and no leaks yet.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-21-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
The older style launch pad sacs aren't bad at all, just not as durable or convenient for integrating into your factory ballast system. If you are looking to save money go for it. If you can spare a couple bucks go with the Fly High or Sumo sacs. Either way, weight is weight and its all good as long as you have a ton of it.

spencer@wakemakers.com
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-21-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
Can you put the quick disconnects from the Fly Highs on the Sumo Sacks? I'd kinda like to put the 900's in the back of the Supra for surfing, but want to hook em' up to the integrated ballist.