Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
what is the biggest sac u can fit in the engine side compatment in the back. I wanna get a sac that completly takes up the entire compartment.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Ryan, I installed he fly high pro x bags that are 750 lbs.

I know Adam has also switched to these.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-10-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
The 750's will not fill 100%, you'll need to remove some of the paneling as well so they cna expand. IF you don't ever plan on upgrading the front bag, the v-drive locker sacs might be a better option?? The 750's are nice for surfing too.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-10-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
I don't think you can get much mroe than 400/500 #'s of water in the lockers anyways. the v-drive sacs are rated for 400#'s+ per the website.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-10-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
I custom ordered some bags from Boarder's paradise, they were 18.5" high, 21" wide and 43" long and I was able to put the fill and drains wherever I wanted, I also added a breather on the top of the bag. I had a handful of issues with these sacks, I would rather of used the fly hi v-drive twins as well, under $200 for the upgrade. The 750s are HUGE and on a 21V that I was using them on I had several instances of the hoses popping out due to the size of these monsters. Here's a pic with a 1200 up front, 500s in the rear and a good load of people.
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
any one know where to get my hands on bigger sacks and a estimated price for them i bought a 2005 supra launch 21v and i think my bags are 250#'s a piece wanna go bigger prefer 500# bags. any suggestions
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-11-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
Danny-You can get them from your local Fly High dealer or from Fly High directly.

I went with the 10x16x70's in the rear compartments +/- 400lbs each and kept the stock +/- 650lb bag for the front. It's only 300lbs more, but the sacks fit perfectly and distributes the weight a bit more effectively.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Neil, YOu're slipping Bro, the 22 SSV doesn't open up like your 21V
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
When I had my 22SSV I kept the stock bag in the front, and put the Fly High V-Drive bags in the rear lockers. I also had 3 80 lead bars under each of the bags. In addition, I would put a 500 on the seats in the bow, and a 750 on the back seat that would be tied to the pylon.

I would ride like this with only 1 or 2 other people in the boat. If we had more than that, I just wouldn't fill the sack on the back seat.

Hope this helps. Our wake was friggin huge.

Now with my 21V, I have the Fly High 750's in the lockers, about 600lbs of lead in the middle and put a 500 in the bow. The wake is even better than my other boat.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-12-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
Ryan E.

I updated my rear bags with Big Bump V-Drive Twins (500#s each) and then put one of the 250's partially filled in front of my center 600# sack. I figure I have around 1700#s of ballast and a really nice wake to boot! The Big Bumps were more affordable than the Fly Highs and plugged right in. I have yet to have a problem with them to date and would recommend them to anyone. My question for everyone on here who has increased their ballast is how are you doing on gas? Since I increased my weight my fuel usage has gone through the roof. I'm still trying to figure how much I'm using however its got to be near 9 gal/hr, maybe more. Any suggestions for prop changes as well to improve my hole shot. Thanks...
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 5:56 AM Reply   
Bump! Fuel usage question as well. Thanks...
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
Surfside Dan-I was talking about the 21V though....go sell a boat would ya!!

In reference to the fuel usage, anytime you add more weight you will obviously use more fuel. Especially if it's ass heavy it will be harder to plane off which will use more fuel.
I don't have any exact data as I refuse to look at the amount of fuel I go through (until tax time anyways) because it's pretty obscene.

I didn't upgrade all the way to the huge bags, but I upgraded the rear bags to 400 lbs each and will be adding some lead eventually. That being said, I have the 340 and the WB prop in my 21V and noticed zero difference in fuel economy from the stock ballast to my slightly upgraded.

If you have the 320 (pre '05) or the 325, you might want to look into a prop change if you're consistantly running alot of weight and can sacrafice top end speed.