Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    jwbehm            09-06-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
First of all, im 15, and i have been wakeboarding for about 2 years now.

Unfortunately, this season i have only been able to wakeboard once, but i am planning on doing it alot more now. My problem is, i dont like the way my bindings fit. I cant seem to get them really snug.

I have a CWB Sol w/ Mobe bindings.

I am thinking of buying some Torqs, but what would ya'll recomend?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-06-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Give us some more info like what brand do you prefer, where you plan on buying from, etc. Also, in case you didnt know, you can mix and match different board and bindings brands.

All that aside, I recommend Liquid Force bindings for their all around comfort. Bindings like the Transit, Mynx, and Team bindings. The Alphas are Great for almost anyone! Ultra's are my all time favorite but I don't recommend them unless you have alot of experience with them as they are hard for alot of people to get on and off. Try some on in a shop if you can and stand in them for a little while.

Hyperlite makes good bindings too... Take a book at www.buywake.com or www.wakeside.com and read the description of the different bindings you like, they are pretty much dead on.

For bindings, unlike boards, I think Everyone should have an upper level binding because of they're comfort, support, durability, and good looks. You dont have to have the newest version either. Anything from HL and LF from about 2003 on will be a good bet.

I hope this helps... start narrowing it down and we here on WakeWorld will better be able to help you.

Paul aka wakeriderixi

(Message edited by wakeriderixi on September 06, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-06-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
the '06 torqs are bad ass! super comfy, easy entry, and super comfy footbeds!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-06-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Have you seen the new Torq's Jordan? You may want to try some of these on as I hear they are an amazing feel.
The 06 CWB lineup of boots has me begging for next Spring.

Old    jwbehm            09-06-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
Thing is i dont really know alot about wakeboarding as far as brands go. I just started off with CWB because it came as a birthday present shortly after we bought our boat.

I would rather not get something new, dont really have that kind of money to spend.

What kind of bindings would you say are the most popular?

EDIT: Looking at some '04 CWB Torq's, are those good bindings?

(Message edited by jwbehm on September 06, 2005)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-06-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Yes but for $199 you can be rockin the 06 Torq. Worth the extra 20 bucks or so. The comfort and fit will be worth all that and more.
Old    jwbehm            09-06-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Are the 06's out for sale yet? If so, could you give me a good link to someone selling them?

THanks
-Jordan
Old    zboomer            09-07-2005, 5:57 AM Reply   
Same thing I wanted to ask, is anyone selling the '06 CWB's yet?

Jordon, the '05 Torq's are basically a little nicer Mobe. Same design.
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
i went to the LF tour yesterday and demoed a fish with sphynx bindings. they were incredibly comfortable and snug. i loved the setup. go with the sphynx's
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Stick with cwb. The mobes are the entry level binding. You can get a good deal on some 05 cwb bindings. Do you have a wakeboard shop in youre town that you can try some bindings on to see what is best for youre foot? Are youre bindings the right size for youre foot? the mobes come in three sizes the xxs small is for a 1 to 4 a xs/med is 5 thru 8 and l/ xl is 9 to 13. check out youre bindings to look to see what size they are.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-07-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
whether you go with cwb or liquid force, they both make kick ass bindings. cwb bindings are made w/ the same materials as lf bindings. it all boils down to what you like best.
Old    jwbehm            09-07-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
I will probably just go to a local shop ( i wakeboard on Lake Lanier)