Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    1lowe            11-06-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
Has anybody tried the new transit or minx LF 2004 Bindings? I'm thinking of buying a pair. What's your view?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-06-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
They won't be released until next month.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-07-2003, 5:35 AM Reply   
i too am interested in this subject. anyone know what the price comparison will be like compared to bindings like the 2004 parks??
Old    johan            11-07-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
Harry,
According to the binding guide on this site, MRSP for the Transits are 349 USD, so you're probably looking at 320-330 USD when in stores.
Old    wakechick            11-07-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
I don't know how the bindings feel as far as riding goes, but what is really selling me is that you can put your foot into them when it is completely dry. I tried on the transit bindings at Worlds and they are awesome. They are so easy to slide into, and they get more grippy when they are wet so it seems like you wouldn't come out of them real easy. They are super cushy, and even the lower end bindings (cheaper) have the neoprene lining for easier entry.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-08-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
I have tried on the Transit, and ridden the new Alpha. The Transit will be my MUST buy for the season. SUPER comfortable but still a ton of heel lock down. Both are easier to get in the all LF bindings before now. The alpha was comfortable, easy to get in but did not quite have the lock down I like, still Great though. Liquid Force really stepped it up this year in both boards and bindings.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-08-2003, 7:50 PM Reply   
i havnt tried either one of them but you can purchase a pair of them at www.boardersparadise.com
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       11-09-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
David is correct- the Transit and Minx won't be available until probably late December. If any shops are showing them on their sites, they're just taking pre-orders. Johan is also correct about the pricing. I haven't ridden them, but was able to try them on. I'm also very impressed. The fact that you can even put them on dry is great. You'd think that if you can get them on dry that they'd slip off easily when wet, but they really lock you down, and are very comfortable. If you're looking for some high-performance bindings, I'd put them on a pretty short list of choices.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-09-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
what do you guys think about the '04 Ultras? are they worth the extra 40 bucks? im asking because im about to buy a new set up and im wondering if i should go with '03 or '04.
thanks
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       11-09-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
I'd say they're worth the extra. They are going to have the new inner neoprene layer, new plate with built-in stiffeners aluminum stiffeners, and modified overlays for a better fit.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com