Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    pbtf            07-27-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Im really new to boarding, we just bought boat and i figured what the heck and bought a nice board/bindings. I got xtra large LF Sphynx 05 bindings and they arnt to bad getting in/out, but they hurt and cramp up my feet real bad after 2 mins my toes start getting cold. So they are to small... I wear size 11.5 shoe, but my foot is pretty wide... These bindings are supposed to fit 11-13 foot. So how can I stretch out the foot/toe area to not hurt my foot so bad. I hear 2x4 is good idea? Before testing this wanted to make sure it really was a good idea... Anyways thx for help guys.

What should I do, How can I stretch them out abit.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2005, 11:18 PM Reply   
try stickin' a beer bottle in the toe part of the bindings.

(Message edited by dakid on July 27, 2005)
Old    wakeboarder408            07-28-2005, 12:18 AM Reply   
Tried that one before and it would feel fine for the first 5 minutes or so on my LF Team bindings then it would hurt my foot too. I left the bottle in there for like 2 days and it didnt work. I ended up selling them and got me the Transits LE.
Old    260searay            07-28-2005, 2:55 AM Reply   
Make sure to empty the bottle first.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
Cinch tighter around your ankle and only a little around your toes. Thats what I do on my Teams.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
I had that problem with my HL Highbacks. I just changed the way they were ducked and it went away. But if they are too tight you can also unscrew the overlays and let them out one hole.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
You can also trim the very tip of the bindings where they hit your toes. I did that on my my LF and it opened up the boot a butch but that was few years ago. Some people are afraid to cut a little on ther boots to make em' fit right but I say you might as well be comfy while you ride. I cut almost every set of boots i get. Oh ya.... Make sure you are going to keep them befor you go chopin away on your boot it's hard to sell a boot that been cut.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-28-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
some say that wearing them in the shower helps, but try heating them up in hot water then sliding your foot in to help them mold to your foot a little better.

Darwinism Tip:
Don't heat them up so hot you burn your foot. Were talking 100-110degrees.

I did this with my LF Ultra Sux and worked really well. you coudl also heat them up and drop the bottle in there to stretch them a little as Joe suggested!

good luck
Old    pbtf            07-29-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
I dont think the overlays can unsrcrew on Sphynx bindings can they? I have them in the tub with soda cans in them right now.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I bought some LF Ultra's and it took a while to break em in. I started with beer bottles in the bindings and then goin to cans of lysol, the bigger ones, and then stuffed wet towels down in the middle of the bindings. Cause yea my feet would get numb after about 5 minutes and i couldnt ride anymore. I also had a hell of a time getting them on and off, but with some watered down lube, (to get it down in the binding), they are no problem now. So stick towels in the middle of the binding, bottles in the top, and medicine bottles in the toes.
Old    pate            07-29-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Let your friend that has bigger feet then you put them on for a couple of runs. Then get ready to laugh our #ss off as they try to take them off in extreme pain. (how do I know), I was the friend with the bigger feet. Ask Wakechico6!!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
Oh yea that DEFINATLY works. Its pretty funny to watch them try and take em off too! But it works, i dont have any problem getting them on and off now. Thanx pat ;)
Old    pbtf            07-31-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Well I stuffed them with soda cans and gatorades and left them in the bathtub/pool. Went out to lake yesterday they seem better than they used to be, but still begin to hurt my feet after 5-6 mins. Will they stretch more? Do you all notice this problem with Sphynx bindings? Will other LF bindings be the same as this?

What should I do? I just bought these and dont know what to do.
Old    sparky68            07-31-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
I with Shane on this one. I have the same bindings and gave them 5 rides to break in. After that my feet would go numb after 5 mins, It was only my right foot. Went from 12 degrees to 16 problem went away.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-31-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
jump into the hot tub with them on!!
Old    pbtf            08-01-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
Sparky the prob is they hurt even when they are not on the board. =/
Old    pbtf            08-03-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
any help?