Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-07-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
any opinions on a 2002 Centurion Hurricane? With storm Package III?

I found a pretty good deal on one...

Thanks
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-07-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
wake is tricky to keep clean for wakeboarding, a lot of bow weight or a trim tab is nessacary, but its a great boat for surfing. We have had an 01 since it was new and have over 1000hrs on it and it has treated us well. What's a good deal?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
I don’t completely agree with the weight/trim tab statement. On occasion we added some nose weight or a bit of trim but not much. For wakeboarding the stock three tank set up is pretty nice, you don’t need more weight. The wake is a bit vert, I liked it. I already posted about the surf wake.

You only need weight up front or need to use the trim tab when you’re going faster than wakeboard speeds.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-07-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Upload
I love my 02 hurricane, In my experince to clean up the wake all I need is a 50lb ballast brick on the starbord side behind the seat. I have the storm 1 package with just the center tank. The beam is 93" and the hull shape makes the wake steep and narrow. I am very happy with mine.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-07-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
Its a ski boat with little weight you get little wake, My profile pic is about 2000# at 75ft and 26mph. I run about 60% in the rear and 40% in the nose. Any less in the nose and it porpises bad.

At around 20 mph the wake big but soft and not clean much past 65ft. Intermediate and less wakeboarders will be kept happy but do not expect a pro level wake.

I do not have a adjustable tab but thats from what i have heard.

(Message edited by masonwakerider on March 07, 2009)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-08-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
It was designed as a multisport boat. But even with no weight the wake is too big for any serious skier. Even with the trim tab down. I agree w/ WAlove, don't expect a pro level wake. Doesn't mean it's a bad wake, though.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-08-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
i agree about the ski wake. With the storm III i think it has about 600lbs of total ballast. Unfortunetly its all placed rearward. The center tank is between the gas tank and the motor. Good amount to start with but bow weight will help keep the boat from porpising if you wake board in the upper 20's
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-09-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
I own a '03 Hurricane and it's a great boat for the money. Like others said, you won't get a "pro" wake out of it, but the wake is good for most anyone. While not big, it's vert and kicks. Weight in the nose is a must. The port surf wake it great.