Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-18-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
I was looking at a memphis 3 way crossover that looked nice but wondering if it is just garbage or not??
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2005, 9:51 PM Reply   
I've been using memphis stuff for 4+ years now and have never had any problems. there amps are very effecient and there component speakers are some of the best
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   

Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Im an authorized dealer and I love the stuff. Like ryan said very efficiend and great specs. Also has a very low failure rate. Not many comebacks for broken stuff, just operator error.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-20-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
what do you guys think about crossfire stuff and how do you think it compares to the memphis stuff?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-20-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
IMO Crossfire stuff is decent. I don't know much about memphis but I've seen some great crossfire systems come out of my local shop.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       07-20-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
crossfire? crossfire is a budget company, memphis is right up there with JL, Fosgate, and kicker
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-20-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
Memphis might be right up there with fosgate and kicker; but all three are below JL. Come on Fosgate and Kicker have both seriously fell off the last couple years, and JL has stepped up to the plate and filled both of their shoes. Of course this is just IMO and you know what they say about opinions.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-20-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
TY,
we have a boat in the shop that has all Memphis power and mids and highs in it, thing is just off the wall. You are more than welcome to come by and check the stuff out, or give me a call with any questions you might have, the stuff rocks and is bullet proof. We have had nothing but good out come with the product.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
David- What do you mean they've fallen off, im not sure if your aware but the kicker Solobarics, are pretty damn good subs, and their amps are not all bad either, sure im not a fan of their speakers, but I have two solo L7 12's in my jeep, and i gaurantee i could make you want to turn it down. Also have two kicker L7 10's in the boat. JL is IMO top notch, but if were talking loudest, how about the SOLO-X 2500watts per coil. "fell off" come on. Sorry just a kicker fan here, but anything that sounds good is cool by me. Hope nobody really takes all this to heart after all it is just audio. Just dont start throwin stuff down the toilet, unless your gonna put IMO or just my .02.
~Tyler~
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
thank you all. chas, thanks. i bought it. also love the lf balance.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-21-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
The solobarics are alright if you just want loud. But they aren't very accurate by any means. I still don't think they are at the top of their game like they were 5 years or so ago but like I said thats just my opinion.
I'm not saying their stuff is garbage. It's good stuff I just don't think it's as good as it was. If you just want all out loud than yeah throw a soloX in your ride and bump. But if you want loud and accurate get a W7 and be amazed.
Sorry Just a JL fan here. I can also appreciate anything that sounds good even if I'm not a fan of their products. To each his/her own.
Oh and I did put that it was just IMO.
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-21-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
I have the Memphis M Class in my truck and boat. They have held up well to the abuse. For the money, I have been very happy with them.
Old    mia            07-22-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
if you are looking at a crossover...
audiocontrol makes very high quality and high preamp out amd very flexible...