Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-27-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
I am interested in buying a new boat. Unfortunately, many times it is hard to get an unbiased opinion about a boat. Not many people are going to say there $50,000 boat isn't what they expected.

Would it be possible to start a Boat review section just like the board and binding section. Giving the same info that you find in brochures. I saw someone had a post about a Lightening boat. I have never heard of them, but the boat looks awefully sweet.

Many people, including myself, are unaware of all the boats out there. Other than MasterCraft, Correct Craft, Malibu, Moomba, Tige, B-52, and Sanger, I'm not aware of any other makes of boats.

What do you say Dave?!?! Can we start a boat section?!?!
Old    turk_kildare            04-27-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
ONE on wakeboarder.com
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-27-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
You know I was just thinking the same thing the other day. There is a board section, a binding section, but no boat section. I second the idea.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-27-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
We actually have the system in place, but I'm working on populating it with all the data. You'll be able to review boats and the boat wakes.

It won't be super detailed like a brochure and it won't venture out of the inboard choices that are out there. That would just be too much data to collect and most of the people on this site are mostly interested in the inboards.

We only have Correct Craft in it so far: http://www.wakeworld.com/boats/getcompany.asp?companyid=34. Take a look and let me know what you think or if you run into any errors.
Old    glassjunky            04-27-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
it looks good dave, is there any chance of getting pictures of the wakes to get better ideas of their shapes? just an idea
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-27-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
Nick, i like that idea of putting wake pics on there for everyone to see.

Good work dave
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-27-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Dave. Whatever happened to the whole wake measuring device/contraption? Did you ever find a method that worked or did i just miss that?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-28-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
Should have know that Dave would be one step ahead of me. Much props.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
I think it would be nice to do some of the older models, too (esp. 82-89 SN 2001s). A lot of people ask about those and it would help some of them out. Just my two cents.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-28-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
I agree that it would be nice, but finding all the info and pics would prove to be a pretty big job. Since we're short on resources as it is, we've got to put them where they're going to serve the most people, which would be working on the current models. Thanks for the input!
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
David, I was thinking of writing an article on rebuilding an old Nautique (or any other boat for that matter). The article would contain a lot on tearout and putting in new stringers. I thought that would be a good article for many WWers. I get asked a lot of questions since I rebuilt mine last year and posted some pics on the Boat and Accessories board. I think it would be easier to write it once and post it here instead of retyping it all the time!

Anyway, just a thought.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-28-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
The chariot? I think that died last year, Dave, fill us in. I can't remember. It was really funny though.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-28-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
Yeah, we used the mighty Wakealyzer for the MasterCraft X-Star review. Hopefully, we'll whip it out for some more reviews this summer.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-28-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
Fuel, that would be an excellent article. Did you take pics when you did your rebuild? I think that would be key to a good article. Email me at gobig@wakeworld.com and we'll talk further. Thanks.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
Fuel, that sounds great!
It would be cool to take an old burnt out boat and do a hole series of articles on tuning it up for wakeboarding a what not. The wake version of Two Guys Garage.

Still gotta say, the Wakealyzer is genious, yet one of the funniest things I've ever seen behind a boat that day when it was all choppy.