Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    mastercraft_ok            07-18-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
Just ordered a new 2005 Air Nautique 210 and was wondering if anyone has gotten the Boat Buddy system to work. My old Mastercraft trailer has it and I would hate to lose this feature on the new trailer.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-18-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
not sure but from previous thread,I believe it works the best for MC 205(x2).I believe some Natique owners didn't like it on their boat.

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on July 18, 2005)
Old    hbfabco            07-18-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
what is the boat buddy?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-18-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have heard that too. Some boats it works great on and some it can be hassle.

Here ya go Mike.http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.CFPage?&mode=article&objectID=28914&cat=Ge ar&subcatID=0&objectType=article
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-18-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
I've got the boat buddy on my trailer for my SAN. I had it on my previous MC and really liked it.
I had the trailer made by DHM. Works great with no problems so far. I think it would work for any boat.
Most of the problems I hear about are because of operator error.

(Message edited by tlb on July 18, 2005)
Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-20-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
I have a boat buddy on my trailer, w/ an SV211 Team. At first I hated it, but that was because I couldn't drive the boat worth a crap. Then I realized also that while the buddy is a trailer option, my boat did not have the "EXTENDED" bow eye, that came with the buddy. I then ordered one, and now I am a pro!. just drive the boat up til it clicks, and pull her out!

operator error is my middle name!
Old    avdss            07-20-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
I have it on my MC since 2000. Works great, carpet in my truck no longer get wet after boating. Just make sure the truck driver remember to put the budy into the right position before backing the trailer into water. Drive the boat up until click and go. Simple!!!
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-20-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Henry, that's right. I forgot about the bow eye. I also changed mine to the "extended". They don't come standard on a Nautique.
One thing I just found that is pretty cool is liquid rollers.
It some kind of silicone spray you apply to your carpet bunks to make them more slippery.
One of the keys to using this system is not having your trailer in to deep which means you have to throttle the boat onto the trailer.
After applying liquid rollers to the bunks the boat slids on really easy.

(Message edited by tlb on July 20, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
Tom ~ Where can I get some?
Old    mastercraft_ok            07-21-2005, 5:14 AM Reply   
Perfect - That is what I needed to know. I just need to get the "extended" bow eye. That is easy... Like I said, the Boat Buddy system is excellent and I will never own a boat without one... BTW - Check out the classified section and look at my 2000 MC 205 for sale...
Thanks Everyone!
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Big ED, I found the liquid rollers at West marine in the trailer section. I thought it was a joke but it really works. I'm not sure how long it lasts though.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-21-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom...That's my usual spot.