Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Just curious if anyone does this. I personally don't think that I would, but if you do, do you have wear marks at all?
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-12-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
I do. No marks yet.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-12-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
I have a few times and no marks or anything. I only do it if the weather is jacked.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-12-2005, 9:51 PM Reply   
We have put about 15K trailering miles on our supra with the snap on covers on when it travels - no issues with the cover just issues with loose bolts knobs, etc ;-) Just be sure you get all the snaps snapped on tight before you hit the freeway. A loose snap will rub through the gel coat in short order.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-13-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
I always have the snap covers on for trailering. That's why I have them. Keeps the boat clean inside. No wear or damage after four summers. I also keep the bow cover on, when in the water, when it's cold or rough.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-14-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
the manual says not to use the snap on covers for transport. When the dealer delivered the boat he drove it up about 200 miles. it had red markings all along the white gel coat where the the cover had rubbed. It came out with some polishing compound.

Recently i trailered it 400 miles with the cover in place. I put masking tape all along the sharper edges that the cover would touch. When i removed the cover their was red marks on the tape, but none obviously on the boat. Tape came right off, left no marks or residue. Tape for me always from now on, unless i'm going a short distance
Old    jm1            07-15-2005, 5:32 AM Reply   
We have gone from Houston to Austin, with the cover on the whole trip. We ended up having very small marks, hardly noticable, but it comes of really easy just by rubbing with your fingers. just make sure you have your cover on really tight.