Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
Hey folks, many of you will notice that this is the same post from wb.com. I just wanted to get this to those that post here & not there.

Hey you guys, I found some info. here's how it goes. Basically if we want to reserve an area we have to pay for it in advance. It's $22/night per campsite and each campsite allows two cars, unfortunately if the cars are from different address' then each one has to pay $22. this can be avoided if everyone gets an "address buddy" before hand then additional cars are like $12 or something(Cheat wherever possible). Basically there is this one corner of the campsite area "J" that has 13 sites that are well away from everyone else, has a fire pit & a large outdoor bbq. it is the perfect area, no one to bother and no one to bother us!! Area "K" has 21 sites but not the bbq. If we book 10 or more we get $2 off each one. I said earlier that i'd reserve them all, but I would have a real hard time trying to afford that. I could give it a go but would love it if someone else wanted to help out or somehow make it easier on my broke ass. I also got a map of the campgrounds faxed to me & will scan it and put it up tomorrow evening(I have 2 midterms tomorrow). Email back if you have any questions. Lets get on it so we can be sure to reserve some spots & not piss off the blue hairs!! WSSR!!!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-21-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
good idea but WSSR is at NORTH SHORE not south shore
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-21-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
scott- who said that? last i checked stephan was one of the people trying to orgainize this whole thing. did you (or anyone else) make reservations at north shore? also why north shore? why is it a better place than south shore?
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-21-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
yes north shore is a better area. on south shore you cant camp on the waters edge. you must pull your boat out every nite. all camping on south shore is up on the hills. on north shore you can camp on the waters edge and have your boat tied to your tent if if you want
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
I don't think the thing is organized enough to have it at one particular shore. i'm trying to organize a place where we can get together and get buck wild(if you want) the spots I mentioned are away from other campers and as long as 14 year olds aren't drinking everything will be fine. Scott S, the first WSSR @ SA most people stayed at South Shore...just a fact. Camp wherever you want, but if anyone wants to join up with the rest of the online crew then gimme a shout we'll work it out. I personally like South better, it is prettier & out of the wind. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Old    norcal_99            04-21-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
What are the dates?

Will the campgrounds allow 35' motorhomes?

Do they have hookups?

What's the phone number to reserve?

Is it South or North shore?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
Rene, here's the link for the intel you requested.

http://www.lakesanantonio.net

This one has a good description of the grounds.
http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/sanantonio.htm

I'll put up the Campground maps this evening. It sounds like some are going to be at both shores. They each have their own benefits, luckily they are so close that if you miss them on the grounds you'll see them on the water.
Old    marina            04-23-2004, 2:17 AM Reply   
i couldn't make it last year, but from what i hear, everyone had a good time. i'm down to go, just not sure what i'm doing. i know a couple people on this site, but it would be great to meet more.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-23-2004, 2:53 AM Reply   
marina- youre coming even if i have to hunt you down and drag you out to wssr.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
I still don't see the dates?? Please? thanks!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
May 22-23, and of course everyone should arrive on Friday before hand. Maps on the way.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
Hmmm, nothing on the schedule, let me talk to my husband and see if he is up for it!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure Jeff(socalwakepunk) is heading up from Canyon too. Should be fun, meet & great people from all over the state. The maps scanned horribly & I'll try & get some emailed to me. Sorry about the delay.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-23-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
not a bad map on this page:

http://www.lakesanantonio.net/directions.htm
Old    grampawakerider            04-23-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
Personally, I'm staying on the North Shore at night, but would love to meet everybody. So I'll be heading towards the south shore when the wind get too much. (If it picks up.) Otherwise, I'll be heading that way sometime around 3:00pm Saturday. I'll be at the Marina store/gas station sweet talking the girl in the store. She promised the me the next time she opened a board for rental it was going to be an 03 Premier. Which is the board I would like to try b4 I buy. I'm still debating whether or not I should bring my own boat since I'm already part of a crew for the weekend....hmmmmm. Maybe just for after hours transportation? Shore to shore? I hope to make w2w b4 then or while I'm there!! I can't wait!!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-23-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
so how bad will the wind be? everyone keeps mentioning it...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-23-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, If that 600lb gorilla (work) ever gets of my back, I'm there!

Been to San Antonio more times than I could count on all of TeamValdez's fingers and toes. I don't ever remember the wind being a problem there.

I recommend to anyone heading to WSSR to stop in and check out XM!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-23-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
Scott Smith - Thanks again for the pulls and showing me around the Delta last Thanksgiving. Hope to see that beautiful Sanger out at San Antonio!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2004, 12:31 AM Reply   
Jeff you need to tell that damn dirty ape(!) to take a step back and let it realize that you don't need him hanging around!

I second Jeff's call to visit XM in Paso. As far as I know they will be out riding that weekend. It's nice to finally have a shop that you can run into on the water! This sounds like fun just by the fact that there are going to be some sick boats out and about. Seems like everyone is bringing their better half on wheels.

Mark, hit me up we'll get you a ride on an Absolute. Then you can compare it to the Premier and then, well....
Any questions?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2004, 12:46 AM Reply   

Up
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-25-2004, 6:42 AM Reply   
jeff we will be their for sure. We will be on north shore come check us out we will have the big red sanger banner flying proud. In my idea the campground on south is a bad choice too far from the water their are many more areas at north shore that would be a better choice. Like I said before south shore campgrounds are too far from the water the place that was picked is not a central location if you dont stay right their you must drive your car or take your boat and hike about 2.5 miles up the hill and leave you boat at the launch ramp. Just check out the map. I dont know but I have too much money tied up in my boat to leave it at a launch ramp dock at night. see everyone on the lake WSSR RULES

(Message edited by sherman on April 25, 2004)
Old    grampawakerider            04-25-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Scott - guess yer not on the water yet today. I already miss my boat. Waiting for my brother to show up. We're going out in his 16ft outboard. Do you think I should bring my boat to WSSR?
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-25-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
Mark- We are up at the delta just went to orwood for breakfast by boat. The water was great yesterday but today looks even better water temp is 65 air temp was in the high 80s to low 90s. You can if you want have you seen the map where the camping is set up for at WSSR. You can tell they are not locals of that lake not a good central local for everyone. But we will still have a great time we will just look for friends on the water
Old    dnichole            04-25-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Bummed I wont be able to make it out to an even thats going to be in my backyard... have a wedding that weekend :-( everyone have a kick ass time!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
Danae, how the heck have you been? Do you even remember me? Are you still at Cuesta or what? Too bad you can't make it that weekend, it should be a great time!