Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    proskier            04-20-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
Hey, im new here...

what do you do when you like to go, but no one elses seems to want to get up and go? I have a friend next door that wont ever get off his *** and go do anything, others that would rather do some gay stuff and then when they are ready to go, i cant so they get mad, and other friends that want to go but have a hard time getting off work to just go out on the water and do anything. what do i do here? get some new friends?

by the way, im 17, live in athens, texas, and between my friends and i, we have 3 boats to split everything up.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
It's hard to find other riders sometimes. Just keep looking for other riders in your area and also teach a few people how to ride and hopefully one of them will get addicted. I've made some really close friends through wakeboarding and skiing.

Sometimes me and a couple of friends ride close to Waco. You are more than welcome to come anytime. However, that's probably an hour and a half from where you live, so it might be too far of a drive.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
Go to Home Depot and pick up a few day workers.
Old    skeezyrida            04-20-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
im in temple texas hit me up if you're ever down here..me and my friends ride atleast 3 times a week
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
invite some really hot girls on the boat, im sure your friend will get of his a$$ then, and many should follow!
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
im with you tho, i no wahts its like, my problem is, people dont know what wakeboarding is, where i live.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
I have the same problem, its hard for me to find a third or forth, 90% of the time it is just my brother and I.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-20-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
i got a list of a few people i always ask and i know when they can and cant... sometimes it doesnt happen but most the time i got at least 3
Old    proskier            04-20-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
well, part of my problem is i have the wrong boat, but for us, we have just started wakeboarding and when we wakeskate, it doest matter for us.....one friend has a better boat, but can never go.
Old    hoochieman89            04-21-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Where is Athens. I live North of houston and have the same problem alot. So if your anywhere close I'm always up for a ride with you or you could come down but my boat isn't great.
Old    proskier            04-21-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
athens is about 30 minutes away from tyler...about an hour and a half from dallas....those are the biggest cities around here.
Old    wes_the_gimp            04-21-2004, 8:43 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/53686/53686.html?1082595427
Old    laceyp            04-21-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
Why is it that people who have a boat can never find riders and people without boats can never find people to ride with??? We all want the same thing... it seems like it should be easier.
Old    xxplosive            04-21-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
No clue where that is..but me and my friends are gonna be riding alot this summer on Lake Austin and Lake Travis. If your interested im sure we wouldnt mind
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-22-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
you say "do some gay stuff" like it's a bad thing
Old    proskier            04-22-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
i think i just meant more video game playing. the other day i said lets go and they were like no, we have a nba jam game we have got to finish and i was like this is also complain about how the water is too cold....
Old    xxplosive            04-22-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
you could always play wakeboarding unleashed
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-23-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Now that it's 80 and the wetsuit stays home and the water sucks by lunchtime on Fridays...my buddy's calling me up, "dude, when are we gonna bust?" I can't even see my wake when it's so choppy. My kid can't hardly ride cuz he's doing the chop dance.

So my response is like, where were you when the water was glass past noon? Now you're jonesing?

If it weren't for Wakeworld, the whole boat ownership thing might really stink. Can't even imagine there being a boat in the family but no friends/family wanting to ride.