Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    gnil            03-20-2004, 12:34 AM Reply   
I was ready to order the Balance at my local shop, but the dude told me that this board is edging so strongly that one needs to know how to edge perfectly and control it well. Edging is one of my week points but I thaught I would learn to do it well on the Balance . What do you think? ( I realy like this board) . Or Should I tone down to a Team ?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2004, 5:39 AM Reply   
I wouldn't totally disagree with shop dude. The balance is super fast, and does require some skill. but lots of (no offence) beginners use that board fine. And you'd learn to edge on it fine. In my humble opinion, I'd say the team might be better for you, because its a little more forgiving. If you really want the Balance, get it, its better than getting the team and no being happy with it, and wishing te whole time you got the Balance. To tell you the truth, the only way to really tell is to demo both boards.
Old    gnil            03-20-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
I can' t demo... he only has new boards.Would the subjekt be more forgiving and easyer than the Balance?
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
i just bought a 03 balance ultra core left over from last season. i'm dying to get it on the water!! i learned to ride on a bylerly--which is probably the toughest to learn on. i've been told the balance has excellent pop, cuts hard & breaks loose real easy. to get to the point--i've always thought that if u get the advanced board off the bat, you'll never have to upgrade. it'll probably be harder at first, but awesome in the end. just my opinion.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
I typically teach edging on a rounded tip board with few bottom features so the student will learn to edge properly. A strong tracking board will develop habits that are hard to break. My favorite teaching board is the Double Up Soul - good board to learn to edge on and very forgiving.

Don't look at you purchase as the end-all board, but as a stage of your progression. Plan on buying a new board every couple of years or so and look at the long term development path.
Old    alanp            03-20-2004, 6:23 PM Reply   
i dunno i think it is a super to easy to ride board. i ride it without the center fin. its really fast and fun. oh yeah i have a balsa core 140 ill sell you cheap.
Old    boardfox            03-20-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
if the board is to aggressive for you take out the center fin if it is still to aggressive for you take the cupped fins off and replace them with trip fins. I did this and i love the way it rides with this set up.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2004, 11:54 PM Reply   
the team is a sweet board so if you did decide to go that way you wouldnt be doing yourself an injustice in any way
Old    jack70            03-21-2004, 3:31 AM Reply   
Do you really think to buy a team, Gnilesh Meleche?
Jack70 bought the only 139 team who's going to ride the geneva lake this season. You must accept this reality.
Do you want to see it?
Do you want to demo?
Easy, just tract me for free all the summer!
my board
Old    mitch71            04-23-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Sorry Dude, knowing you,I don't think the balance is the right board for you... Why don't you get a liquid force Evo 142? You know, the one with the green rino head. Try to first master the rino and then stat thinking bout getting a3stage board, Dude!