Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
Went to the Nunn clinic yesterday. Gerry is a great instructor. I learned so much from him teaching me, and watching the other fellow riders and their instructions from Gerry. Everyone from our group (private clinic) absolutely had a great time. We have decided to book him again for next season and going to try to make it a yearly thing. Met a lot of new friends, and got to know Gerry and his family and can not leave out his dog Tarzan (likes to fetch rocks from the lake). All together it was a fantastic experience. I would HIGHLY recommend Gerry's clinic for everyone, no matter where you are at or what level. His riding was awesome and most of the time comical. Looking forward to riding with him next spring in Florida.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-26-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
I agree with Scott that Gerry is a great guy!! I went to his clinic a few weeks ago and just listening to him teach other riders is worth the money! Gerry helped me clean up some of my inverts and and some style to them. Also, his dog Tarzan will fetch the ski rope handle out in the water after a rider is done.....good stuff!! haha
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-26-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
watch him in stomped wakekast 1.6 on itunes (for free) he became one of my top 10 riders after seeing that
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Rob...that would explain the grip being a little torn on Gerry's handle..lol Gerry was telling me about his 08 signature board. I am definitely going to give it a whirl and pick one up. Brett...I saw that too...totally awesome. Gerry is one of my favorites too.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-26-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Gerry is an awesome guy. My boys spent a week under his coaching this past winter, and they progressed amazingly. He is incredible to watch too.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-26-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Scott....yeah i blamed Gerry's handle on a handle pass that slipped out of my hands!!! we had a good laugh about it!
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
Did you do this clinic through the Edge marina because i know they had a gerry nunn clinic last year. and i see your from michigan.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-27-2007, 5:23 AM Reply   
Max...nope not through the Edge. That was a couple days before our clinic. We had Gerry on a private lake with a bunch of good buds hanging out and having fun. We set the clinic up privately right through Gerry. No marina or pro shop involved. It was an awesome day. I am still really green in my learning. But watching Gerry, getting great instruction, and watching my fellow boarders and listening to their instructions. I learned a ton Wednesday. He did a second day for us with 6 more riders. Mike ended up breaking a rib. At least that is what we think he did on a 540 (I wasn't there..had to work..but Rick/Itch filled me in). On Gerry's second ride on Wednesday, he threw in a bunch of comedy in his riding for us. It was awesome. This is what sets him apart from other boarders. There is always humor and big smiles. You can tell he is good buds with Murray. I know for sure we are determined to have him back next year. And he liked our private lake for the set up.
Old    d_fresh            07-27-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Gerry is over at Skiers Pier, Pine Lake for July 27, 28. I had a chance to ride with Gerry a couple of years ago. It was a Saturday session, and nobody else signed up. Mark from the Skiers Pier pro shop had to come out as a third. Best private lesson I ever had.