Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (7islands)      Join Date: May 2006       05-29-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
Both thse board are kind of what ended tie in my pre purchase studie...lol

i know some of you will say its preference, but if you ever experience one of these two boards, let me know what you think.

im looking for insane pop, decent edge hold and speed...

just by curiosity, how is the new LF Shane board. i rode a subjekt one time last year and it seemed relly nice.

Thsnk,
kevin
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
The Natural is a kick ass board, it has all the stuff you mention and I highly suggest going for it... I love it.

But then again, I havn't rode the Watson.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-29-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
The Watson is absolutely unbelievable. Hats off to LF!!!!! The really got something right with this board!
Old    karvin            05-30-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
both super nice board...i finaly convinced our local dealer to demo their board and i tried em both...WOW
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-30-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
Which did you choose, Karvin? Or did you just ride?
Old    karvin            05-30-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
i went with the natural. awesome pop and edge hold. if the natural was a sword. it would be a katana...lol
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-30-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
congrats.....around here there really aren't that many obrien dealers....I wish I had a chance to try out some of Obrien's stuff.....However I kinda got that brand loyalty to LF....I was very close to switching but just couldn't bring myself to....Although, personally, I am glad because I love my Watson. Maybe one day I will run into someone with the natural for me to try out.
-Nate
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-30-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
I would like to try out the vice too...if i could ever get the chance.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-31-2006, 3:31 AM Reply   
Is the watson a good board for someone learning. i have been boarding for a year. Looking at getting the watson board and bindings. Have just sold my omega 1995 with syphix bindings.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-31-2006, 3:50 AM Reply   
omega 1995? huh? well, i will just assume you meant 2005 Omega. Yeah, I had the Omega and actually that was a great board for learning. The Watson is a little advanced but I think most would be to handle it with a few "get used to" runs.
-Nate
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-31-2006, 4:03 AM Reply   
Cheer Nate, SO you think it would easy enough to ride after a few runs. It looks sweet and the bindings look the job.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-02-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
These two boards were also my two choices I narrowed down too. I actually liked the Natural a little better because it was a little speedier. Both had soft landings. I went with the Watson though due to no local dealer support for O'Brien (hard to believe in Houston, TX) and the Watson lands just a bit softer. It is a slow board though. Lots of people don't like how slow it is.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
The Natural is the fastest 3 stage board I have ridden and it still pops sweet and lands really soft.

Later,
jjakober
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-03-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
I ride the 05' Watson, which is now ridden by Santori. If you want a faster board with a lot of Pop. Go with a substance.
Old    00smizz            06-04-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
jason i think its about time for you to come and help me fix the slider and slay the beast.