Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2006, 2:10 AM Reply   
it's 2am and it's time to put packing aside for the night. i gotta be up in 6 hours to pick up the uhaul truck to load up and head on up to norcal.

i just wanted to thank the people of socal that frankie and i have ridden and hung out with, that's welcomed us in their homes and lives. we will never forget you all!

special thanks to antbug, the frews, the swinks, josh & keri, the canyon lake crews, and everyone that's invited us out!

we'll see you all again soon!

Upload

(Message edited by dakid on May 31, 2006)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-31-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
hey joe, I know this is something that you have wanted for awhile. That is awesome you are on your way. I am sure that we will still be seeing you. Hugs to frankie and the "kids". Team Valdez

(Message edited by teamvaldez on May 31, 2006)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-31-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Joe,

Good luck with the move . I hope you and Frankie have a great summer.
Frankie,
Good luck in Med School.

Congrats on your engagement and have a Long and Happy marraige.
Erik
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-31-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
Good luck to you and Frankie.
Congrats and best wishes for all the future has in store for you.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Joe - You coming to see me? We need a new Boat Ho up here.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-31-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Right on bro! You know I'll be coming to visit and soon after that.... we might be neighbors.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-31-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Good luck guys, we'll see you soon!
Old    swass            05-31-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Is that a wedding band on her finger?????
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
i think its the engagement ring... he got that for her a few months ago, i think. geez, swass... YOU missed a post??? im shocked. ;)

Congrats you two. Nor Cal rawks!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Best wishes to you and your family Joe on your move to Northern Cal. Have a safe trip!!!
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-31-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Joe,

Have a great move...update us on the new place.

Josh
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Cya Joe,
i'm going to miss you and your antics on the water. Between the stripper basketball pants that you could fit 5 of you into and your cry's of "im getting old i suck at riding now" followed by a huge Bat Wing after not riding in months I just don't know what we r going to do now LOL!
Im sure your move wont effect your presence on here but give a ring anytime you fly south and want a pull.
Peace
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Oooh Joe!

CONGRATS on your big move!! We are going to miss you! You know that we think the world of you and thank you so much for all the time, attention and friendship you've shown Coop! You'll need to shoot me your new mailing address so we can keep in touch! Good luck to you and Frankie! Whenever you find time when you're in So Cal, give us a call! Wishing you loads of FUN in Sac :-)
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       05-31-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Hey Joe... lots of great times in the past, and all I can say is that now we will have more places to ride! Best wishes to you and Frankie...

PS.. I have an air mattress and an X2 - can I come over sometime...??haha
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Joe, hit us up when you're ready for a pull. It'll be good to finally get out on the water with you. Good luck on the move.

Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
NorCal - Now I know NorCal is excited about having Frankie, but are you guys/gals from NorCal sure you want him back?
Upload

Here are two of him when he was in WA.
Upload
Upload

So anyone have any pics of Joe and Frankie down there in SoCal? (maybe one of him smoking on the swim step)

Umali - you know I am joking with ya. Heck, you guys are a cheaper flight now, so hurry and find a good sushi place so I can come visit.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-31-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
The hair really throws me off.. even more than the bright orange life vest!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
thanks for the well wishes everyone! have i mentioned moving sucks?

liz, i can still grow a fro! don't let anyone tell you differently!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-31-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
Hahaha, I'll believe that when I see it!

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Congrats on your move Joe. You know you can always hit me up for a day on the Love Boat if you make it all the way down here.

Frankie,

Best of luck on your new venture!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-31-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Joe & Frankie, it has been an honor to have shared so many good time with you guys. Thanks for hanging with us, riding with us, breaking our boards, and putting up with our fart in the drysuit humor. Our little backwater world will be a little bit smaller after tody......Take me (and my wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, etc.) with you, for the love of god!!!! You can't leave me here by myself. Too much riding to be done, not enough crappy water in SoCal. Anyone know where I could find a 6 figure insurance gig in the Tracy/Stockton area for my wife?
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
Dammit Joe! Now who's going to ensure that I have Pulls (Bug...we'll need to go riding more)!? And when did you get another dog? When Mary, Lacey, Lexi, and I come up to visit, it will definitely be dog central!

I'm gonna miss you down there when I get back! I think I'm only going to know/ maybe get invites from 2 boat owners in SoCal w/o you... hmmm, wait, I only know 2 boat owners, everyone else that you know I considered my 'once removed' connection...lol.

I'll be visiting...(if I can afford it...I think a Southwest flight might be cheaper).
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
Daniel,

Drive your bad self down here sometime!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
Daniel ~ Hit me up when you come back and I'll get you a pull no problem, but don't wait to long cause I'll be in Sac Town soon too.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Bug and Buzz,
I'm in Dallas until August to save some money while living at home and subletting my room. When are you moving bug?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Hopefully by the end of the year, but maybe sooner. Hit me up when you get back.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Update on Joe's move to Sac Town....

I just got a call from Joe and he is in Fresno CA. at the U-haul cause he blew the motor on the truck he had. So now he is watching the U-haul guys unpack his old truck and repack the new one to finish the drive. He told me the tow truck that towed him to the Fresno U-haul was HUGE, but the dummy packed his camera so no pics. Frankie and the dogs are safe and doing well.
Old    mia            06-01-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
frankie & joe,

gonna miss the both of you...you guys always have a place to stay & a place to ride in san diego..let me know..

warmest regards and let me know if i can help out with anything..

mike
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-02-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
thanks for the well wishes y'all! we're in sacramento now. we made it though the trek here was quite an adventure. the beginning of the end for our u-haul probably started near the beginning of the grapevine. it started knocking really loud and it started running like crap. we eventually stopped at tejon ranch off-ramp and talked to the customer service manager. he suggested i let it cool down (the temp gauge was going up, but not near overheating) and try to drive it again. so i did. it sounded and ran better. by 2am, we were in the middle of nowhere and decided it was time to rest at a rest stop. got up at 830 the next day and got back on the road. by 10 o'clock, the truck started running rough again and was having problems going up the hills. the truck finally gave up and we were parked in the emergency lane of I-5. the tow truck got there an hour later, hooked up the truck and trailer and towed us to fresno, which was 1.5 hours away (had to head east) goin' 45mph. got to the u-haul yard, and a couple mechanics and the manager were checkin' out the truck. 1 guy started it up, and as soon as it started, the manager and a couple other guys yelled, "shut it off!" the manager came over and said, "yep...the engine's blown! don't worry though, we'll take care of you!" and take care of us they did! they gave us a new truck (2006 w/ 2000 miles), unloaded the old truck (1996 w/ 175,000 miles) and loaded the new truck, gave a bunch of supplies we may need for next move, an extra day w/ the rental and returning the truck w/ only a quarter of a tank. it definitely was an adventure, but i thought positive the whole time. me getting upset wouldn't have really accomplished anything.

on a good note, we picked out our condo. hopefully all goes well w/ the loan process!

again, thanks for the well wishes! oh, and i'll be back down in socal (w/ dpc) for the nautique wake games in 2-3 weeks. if you guys see us there, make sure to stop and say hi!
Old    crash_vin            06-02-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
welcome to norcal joe and family .