Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-21-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
I would like opinions about what you think of these two in comparison. I have the full metal jacket from jetpilot for a few years now. Was thinking of upgrading to a new vest. I really dont care for the looks of the new full metal aka shaun murray vest this year from jetpliot. But I am digging the looks of the new Helium....Van Helium from the new CGA section on Helium's website. So any info..durability etc. etc would be appreciated. the jetpilot has held up real well. just looking for something new....
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-21-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have a SWAT CGA. Its held up well. I know there was a post once about the zippers opening on Helium vests on bad falls. Never happened to me. I would recommend a Helium vest.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-21-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
My Helium comes off all the time when falling so I went back to my A-10 by jetpilot. I do like my Helium 17" handle tho.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-21-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
I've heard pretty bad things about helium, enough to not even waste my money on them. I use a jetpilot core and love it, no complaints. I also have the Oneill outlaw...awesome vest as well
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-21-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
my sister wears the jet pilot full metal. this years version. and i dont like it. itsnot very comfortable to me. i have the oneil "law" vest. its supper comfortable
Old    cougar4            11-22-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
i got a helium division series last year and i love the fit and look of the vest but i did have issues with the zipper coming down. i got used to checking the zipper after every fall just to make sure it hadn't come undone. for the $ it works good.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-22-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
A-10 Jetpilot is the best vest hands down.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-24-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
I have the helium inmate CGA vest and I love it. it's very comfortable.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-24-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have both at my shop and Helium has really made some nice changes over the last two years. They have gone through some issues with parent companies, but are now backed and owned by Coleman and are very stable. Try them both, I don't think you'll have an issue with either.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-24-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
I have the Swat and have gotten used to checking the zipper after a bad fall. I have had it come over my head on two really nasty falls. All in all...I LOVE IT!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-24-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Helium Swat here and I love it. I have never had my zipper come undone on a hard fall either. I think as far as vest design, Helium got it on lock,
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-24-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
I have Helium vest and have been riding on them for 3 years now. Never had any issues with any of my Helium stuff great products great company!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-25-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
thanks for all the info....funny thing is...I bought both. Killer sale at my local shop..buy one get 50% off the other.. No brainer!