Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-22-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Just called Orwood: Available storage is still 4 months out. THIS SUCKS. Does anyone know of available storage in or around Brentwood or Tracy? Someones garage? Anything?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-22-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
would you consider storage in oakley or bethel island?
Old    justsomeguy            02-22-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Sugar Barge ( http://www.sugarbarge.com/ )

Bethel Harbor ( http://www.bethelharbor.com/ )
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-22-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
They are just further from home. I would have to drive right past Orwood to get there.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-22-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
J-Rod,
Ask Fisher about her storage place. Just a couple miles up the road from Orwood, and very secure.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
J-Rod,
The Orwood list is sort of flexible. If you stop by when she is in the office, she may get you in earlier. When I got mine she told me the same 4 months. I walked in a week later and she said someone had just moved out and I could have it. My name was still on the list and they called me about 6 months later, not realizing that I already had a spot. I've talked to 1 other person who had a similar experience. It's worth a try.
mark
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-22-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
Anyone know of any indoor storage that is closer to Rivers End. I know they have the outdoor storage there, but that's kinda jenky.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-22-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Orwood will probably not take 4 months. We store there- very convenient. Go with Mark's advice. You'll have a spot soon.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-22-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
Mark, I even tried to bribe her. Offered her a c-note to give me the next spot. Maybe I spoiled it with my approach

"Orwood will probably not take 4 months."

I've already been on the list for 6 months and there are 25 people in front of me. She said at least another four months. They haven't had a single cancelation in 2 months and they are having permit problems on the new units.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-23-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
There are two different storage places in Tracy, but I don't know the number to either one of them. Try information.

/I know, worthless post
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-23-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
J-Rod;
take a look on highway 4 as you come into Disco at Bixler rd. there are several storage lots opver there with both indoor and outdoor storage. I do not know there availability but it might be worth a shot.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help everyone and the suggestions. I need to spend a day driving around the area to scope out storage places.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
J-rod got you message last night, but I wasn't able to call you back. I wil call you after work.

Big Ed and I are trying to get a fat pad at Disco Bay and hopefully there will be a big enough dock for his X2 and your LSV
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
now you're talking. HOOK ME UP!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-23-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
I think Disco has open spots in the Drystack. I'm looking for a place to store my trailer, too many cars in the garage at home these days.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Rich is the drystack fully enclosed or just covered?
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
J-Rod: If he is talking about the ones at the Marina, they are covered. Sherman stores there, and has rave reviews for them. They bring the boat out, and have it all set up for you. If it rains, they go thru and check all the covers to make sure the boat isnt wet, they will drain, and retighten if necessary. Gas on site, and the people are friendly. I have been loading there on his boat for over a year now, and they are pretty nice.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Misty: Where is this Sherman place?

Thank you.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-23-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
I think Misty is still talking about Disco's drystack. The drawback to drystack IMO is that you still have to pay $10 EACH time your boat is pulled out of the stack. This is in addition to your monthly fee. Seems a bit pricy if you go two or three times a week in the summer!
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-23-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
I agree with Speedy, just hit up the folks in the office, or the restaurant, nicely and often and your bound to get in sooner than just on the list. I had my bu there two different times and never waited more than a couple of weeks. Hit me up if you need more info.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
J-Rod: Sorry, my bad. Sherman (Scott), he stores his Sanger there. Person, not a place. Mike is right, Disco Marina it is an additional $10 to have them get it off the stack and put in the water, but I recall someone else saying the monthly fee was pretty cheap still. And you didn't have to tow anywhere. They store the trailers as well.
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-23-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
I just found this ad on craigslist http://www.craigslist.org/eby/wan/60847480.html. I have no more info than what the ad says. On water access to the delta is great. The only thing would be you would have to store your trailer. I think my neighbor pays $15 a month to store his trailer in the field at 4 and bixler.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
HAHAHA!!!Woooooo This is mine!

THANK YOU DANIEL!!!!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
The Disco Marina dry stacks are a nice deal and pretty cheap, but the catch is you are pretty much stuck buying your gas from them or some other nearby Marina, rather than just pulling up to a regular gas station on your way to launch. Depending on how much a gas a person burns, that could really add up. It's easily an extra dollar per gallon, probably more in most instances.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-24-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Looks like a good set up J-Rod..take it if the price is right!!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
I'm not sure how I would feel about storing my boat at someone's house. I would think there would be liability issues, if some one got injured loading into the boat, or she had a friend get injured playing on your boat, even when they weren't supposed to. And wouldn't you still be tied to havign to get gas at Disco Bay Marina too? thats the closest gas. Not to say its good or bad, it could reasonably work out into a sweet set up, just my $0.02. Good luck J-Rod!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
The price is much cheaper than storage at Orwood.

Thanks Misty. The boat would remain covered with the tower collapsed, so someone would have to go through a lot of trouble to board it. Liability is always a risk with boats as you know, but that's why we have insurance. This deal is risky in general, but that's the price everyone pays for keeping their boats on the water. Storing gear on the boat will no longer be an option.

I pack gas cans to save money!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
cheap storage, and a workout!!! Wahoo!!

Did you talk to her? That really sounds like a sweet deal for ya! I hope the dog likes you!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
yep, I talked to her. Going to check it out tonight. Going to test my boat on the lift on Saturday.

The dog is a lab! Not much of a watch dog.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-24-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Sounds good provided you get a hoist.

BTW, my boat lives on a hoist at a dock at DiscoBay. Today, I still don't have a dock cover -- just a boat cover. It has worked out fine for 5 years. The only negative is the prolonged sun exposure to the colored gel coat. So, these days, after every run, I spray the gel coat down with a sun protectant.

One big difference is that I have a 15 minute ride to fast water -- a 6 minute ride would be a bit improvement.

Storing the trailer can be difficult too. The sun destroys the carpet. I have had to replace my carpet once so far.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-24-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Jarrod, I also often fill gas with cans to save some money. I have 6 six gallon cans from Wallmart. All in all, there is some pain and some gain. Hopefully, the water at the dock goes through a water softner too -- disco water is very hard.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Dane. Nice to hear your experience was good.

She has two more spots available if you are interested in moving closer.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
DAMN! I went to check out this situation in disco bay and her hoist couldn't "get it up!" I guess my boat was too heavy.

Does anyone know of any other deals out there like this? I'm stuck on the dock/hoist deal. I saw a ton of empty hoists while crusing through disco last week. There has got to be someone out there that would rent me their dock/hoist.