Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
I haven't really been pressing my riding since I moved out of Disco Bay 4 years ago.... I had suffered a couple concussions, a broken R & L foot in the span of 3 years so my progression has slowed down but not my love for the sport.

I have put well over a 100 hours on my boat this summer & have recently started to push myself again to learn new trick with the help of a couple new locals Scott & Andrea. This week I landed 2 new tricks, a TS FS 540 & a TS Backroll. I am not sure if it was the expert instruction, luck or them telling me I am not getting back in the boat till I land it ( LOL ) but last Friday I stuck the 540 & last night got the TS Backroll... I was smiling like a kid n a candy store!!! I tried the 540 again last night but couldn't pull it again & moved to the TS Backroll & in just under 10 tries it came around as the sun was setting... Now to work on the consistency!

We also had some friends in from out of town who are still learning & both of them were clearing the wakes consistently & even got i a few grabs, a great weekend all the way around

Another reason why I love wakeboarding is the camaraderie & friendship... Wakeboarding isn't a sport you can do it by yourself, IMO this is what makes the sport more friendly than others.... For the most part most of the people we meet share that same stoke... OK, enough of my rant - some random pics from the weekend.

BUTTA
Upload
Upload

540 PASSES
Upload
Upload

Buddies in from out of town / Reno & SUN AM set:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Aaron / Sun AM
Upload
Upload

540 BAD BAD BAD technique
Upload

Yager Bombs / After Party
Upload

All Smiles Here~
Lzy
Old    wakelvr            09-12-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
What day were you guys out? We were out on Sunday but didn't hit TO/Grantline at all.

Nice pics!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Morning Stef,

Friday night was blown out pretty bad but we went to a lil secluded spot & got decent water.... Sunday was unreal, 95 degrees, no wind & very few boats for a weekend. TO/GL butta top to bottom. Last night was the same, couple other boats (5150 crew, Nauty & us ) & butter again from top to bottom....

Sorry we missed ya - one of the days we will catch up, hope all is well!

Lzy
Old     (raddad)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-12-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
AS always Grantline is the best riding in Sept./Oct. We were out sunday and it was like everybody cleared out just so we could ride gotta love it. congrats on your T.S. backroll and your 5 that is sick almost as sick as your slider had a good session on it sunday evening.ahhhh sick dude
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
Thats awesome man. Its funny how i can just feel the stoke from your post. thats what its all about.

On the 5 it looks like you are edging too much up the wake and getting thrown off axis. When I do this I think about coming in on a good edge but as I come up the wake I'm just drifting and waiting for the pop. Don't throw it too early (thats why you are off axis), just focus on a good clean pop and then a solid pass, the trick completes itself from there.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Stephan, I think you are exactly right, I believe I am thinking/trying to hard after sticking it.

Pop/Pull/Pass =)

Lzy
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-12-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Nice work last night, Aaron!

Wish you guys were gonna be around for hangtime this weekend:-)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
Sick, sick, sick.... I'm stoked for you bro. Whenever I have trouble with the five it's because I rush it off the wake. Take a nice wide easy cut, pop it straight up (keep your chest up) and do a nice slow, smooth spin. You'll have it rock solid in no time.

Andrea, what days you guys usually ride during the week. I have some time off coming up and would love to hook up for a early morning week day pull.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Radad- thx glad you guys liked it, we are working 2 more at the house now, flatbar & a floater....

Evan-Thx for the 411,the TS 5 has been tough on me but I wont give up, I think you & stephen are right ( rushing it ). As for the TS broll, it came more naturally, need to continue working on my spins.

Andrea/Scott - thc a ton, I app. all the tips / 411 & shared stoke. You 2 make it look so easy hehehe - Delta Butter / Sunset ( thx for the pics)

Upload

Lzy
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-12-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Evan~

We have all of next week off including the weekend. But our boat is in the shop and has been for 2 weeks. we are considering a new one, so maybe by then we'll have something! As of now we are bumming rides whenever we can.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
nice pics aaron!
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Aaron we need to go ride soon... I haven't rode in weeks.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
andrea, wanna buy a vlx in mint condition? i have one just sitting in my garage!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
Andrea, you guys are welcome to roll with us anytime. I hear you are looking at V-215's. You wouldn't be disappointed at all. The wake doesn't have quite the size of an X2, but it's got a ton of super smooth kick. Only downer is how low they sit. BTW, you should check out Supra's too
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'll check and see if I can get a day off next week to ride. I'll shoot you or Scott an e-mail. I could be talked into taking you guys out tonight, too. I think I'm bringing my boat out for some chase pics tonight.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-12-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
That's awesome!

I love that trick!

I didn't have any worthy additions to the boat bun thread (LOL) but I have some video of the TS5.

http://homepage.mac.com/rd4tile/FileSharing7.html

See you out there!
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-12-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Good to see the Belmont 140 still has what it takes.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
sweeeeeeeeeeet Vid - Big, Floaty & a grab - very nice, thx Rich!

We will keep our eyes out for you & Chris ripN it up. All smiles here.

Lzy
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-12-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
We're headed out now as soon as JB shows up!

It's the least I could do after all the worthy additions to this forum you and Kevin have contributed lately.Upload
Upload

Next time we're out there and rollin behind you we'll expect to see that 5!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Aaron, on the TS Roll think of it just like a HS roll. Come in on a good progressive edge and give it a little extra juice right as you ride up the wake, be sure to stand tall though. I hold on with both hands til the very last second unless I go for the indy grab. Once you get it dialed try taking it bigger, its a trip to come around the corner and be heading into the flats on that trick. Good luck, need a third anytime? I really need to get up the Delta someday...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Sick Rich, love watching your kid ride.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Big,

Thnx for the 411 - you are welcome out anytime, let me know when your in town.... The TS Backroll came pretty easy for me first time trying it last night and stuck it in < 10 tries ( don't wanna jinx myself )! Didn't toe pick it one time, was just working on the timing...

Lzy
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Eeeeew! I hammered myself on the T/S Backroll into the flats. Nothing like digging that toeside edge. I need to get back on that trick, but it's a total mind game after you hammer yourself hard. It took me over a year to start throwing toe 3's again after KO'ing myself on that.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-12-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Hey all-
Aaron sorry to Hijack BUT...
We had a great time on Scott the Sanger Dealer's all black V215 today. We were sold on the wake for sure, which is saying a lot because I never thought I'd like a Sanger and we have been DEAD set on our next boat being an X2(X1) for years. We like our wake big but not ridiculous and with only about 2000lbs that wake was kickin' hard, and very similar to what we like about the X2's....so with a little bit more weight that wake will be perfect for us and we save $10K...yay! It's hard to be so close to owning an X2 then turning down the dream, but with Ski World on Hiatus and so many benefits pointing to Sanger, it looks like we will probably have a new boat next week.

Rich- I think we might have seen you guys out there today, is your Malibu all white?

Aaron- I didnt get to the TS backrolls today, I took a hard crash and came way too close to blowing my ear - that is scary! But Im so stoked for you, Im so glad I was there when you stomped it!!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-12-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
BTW Aaron,

Have I told you how jealous I am that you landed that trick in less than 10 trys?
I have been trying that one since my first year riding and it haunts me!!!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-12-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yep that was us.

And that Sanger was kicking up a nice wake! I had to power through it once after you went by or it could have been the Poseidon Adventure - Delta style!
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-12-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
gotta love the delta! its always been good to me!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-12-2006, 10:59 PM Reply   
Aaron,nice pics and congrats on the new tricks landed.I'm stoked for ya!

Scott & Andrea ~ We need to ride.I'll be up for 3 day next week.......I will call you.