Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-25-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hi everyone,

about to grab a pair of CWB Zeus after hearing so much about them, and got a question regarding sizing.

I tried on a pair of Large Zeus in the shop and they felt good, ankle area support was amazing. However, around the front it felt like there was a little bit of space, like the binding wasn't really wrapping the foot.

I'm a 9.5 EE foot and I ride LF Sphynx Large (but that's cause LF are narrow by nature). The shop didn't have a Medium pair to test but they could get a pair in but it'll be a tad more expensive.

Wanted to ask if anyone has the Medium Zeus and are approximately my shoe size & width. Do they fit alright, especially after being in the water and all or should I just stick with the Large Zeus. CWB seem to run wide, this correct?

And if anyone asks about the Factions, yes I tried them on, and they were in fact slightly more comfortable to me. However, durability is something I have to question a little as the sides where the overlay glues over the hardware was already peeling off in a brand new piece. And another piece I saw looked as though it would start peeling soon. I know CWB is tops regarding warranty, its just I'd rather have something not spoil in the first place.

Anyhow, thanks for listening to the long rambling post and any help is greatly appreciated
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-25-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
my buddy Duffy started with Large and switched to med and his foot is a 9.5. the first few sets are very tight, but he has them broken in now and he loves them. How experienced are you? IMO, if you can do inverts and spins, the tighter the better.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-25-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Working on inverts now on cable & boat. W2W and grabs are no issues.

Changing mainly cause with my Sphynx, I've been having an issue whereby only one foot is popping out of the binding. Freaking me out a little. I can't go down a size as Medium Sphynx/Transits are too tight over the main foot causing intense pain within 5mins of riding, but the Large seem to be just a tad too big even after pulling the overlays down a little.

So basically a Medium Zeus should be fine then for a wider 9.5 like me? Just a tad worried thats all that a Large might be the way to go.

If so, I'll get them ordered in now.

Cheers

(Message edited by fbricard on November 25, 2006)
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-25-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
I personally think that medium's would be to small. If you are going to order them in medium I would make sure that you are able to exchange them if they are too small. If you do get them, wear them on your feet for about 30 mins around the house and see how they feel. That's your best bet. I have a narrow 9.5 and wear the Zeus in a large, medium's where to tight on me.

Again this is a personal preference, everyone's foot is different... Just want to make sure you can exchange if need be.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
I am a big 9.5/10 shoe and i started off with the large Zeus because like you the mediums felt way tight and the larges were comfortable ,almost perfect..

However after using them for a month or so they became too broke in and a little loose..

i went with the lf watsons because i felt this late in the year the medium zeus would take too long to break in especally incold water...
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-26-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
the Zeus' start out tight and will break in quite a bit. I went with a little smaller size (L), but it broke in after a few sets.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-26-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
Go with the Large.

Shameless Plug: I have 06 Zues's for $199 @ www.DWCBoardShop.com
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Tommy C, how is Darick knee coming along?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-26-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
He doing pretty good. He has been up snowboarding and working the leg out quite a bit. Hi-jack over
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-26-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Like Byrd said I am 9.5 to 10 shoe size with a wide foot and the larges were to big. My heal moved up and down.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-26-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Cheers everybody for all the advice. Ordered in the mediums and can't wait to take'em out to ride.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-26-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Anyone know anywhere cheaper than $199 for Zues's...or anyone know a deal on factions?

I am intermediate.... do I need the high wrap bindings? It is it over kill?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-27-2006, 4:53 AM Reply   
Fabian it will take 5-6 sets to get them broke in. At least that's how many it took me. Don't be discouraged if they hurt for awhile.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
I wear a 10.5/11 shoe. I bought the large, it was very tight at first but after a few sets it strecthes out alot. Now it is very comfortable. For a 9.5 i would go with the Med. If you can stand the first few sets you should be good to go.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-27-2006, 5:31 AM Reply   
Cheers Duffy & Big E. Will keep at'em till they feel good.

Really looking forward to getting them on. Was pretty surprised at how light they were in comparison to the HL 3DS and my own Sphynx(which feel like bricks in comparison).

Just realised as well that they'll go great with my Valhalla 138 '05. Didn't think of it at all till my friend mentioned it.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-27-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Medium for sure. I am 11.5 narrow and wear the L stretched.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-28-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
Greg you are not going to find 06 Zeuses for less then 199 thats a steal, I have some Factions, shoot me a message.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I wear a size 10 shoe. I used to ride m/l parks - they fit very tight. I bought med zeus and they were very tight, too tight. Returned them for larges. I'm able to tighten the larges the perfect amount. No pressure points and great heel hold, which is were I commonly had problems with other bindings.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-15-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Resurrecting this thread just to thank everyone for their comments. Forgot to do so some time ago cause I've been enjoying the Zeus way too much.

I've never had such a combination of great lock-down for the whole foot plus comfort in a binding before and it's amazing. The mediums were the right ones in the end, a tad tight, but will break them in for sure.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-16-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Yea Fabian Your in the same situation I was It took me a while to break mine is as well. Our feet are in between sizes so it's hard. The mediums were tight on me as well but the large definitely not right.My heel would move up and down. Any way congrats...