Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-02-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
After a long week in Maui, I got back home Sunday night and was able to hit up a day of riding on Monday with some of the crew. We were in Vic's and heading down towards Old River. Not to many boats in the area. We were comming up on a downed rider and took the far left of the slew and from around the corner comes one of the famous IDIOTS who think they own the Delta. He is wide open and did not lift while comming at us. I had just crossed the wake to stay clear of the downed rider on the right of us and this *@$xx$&^%*&^ pushes to the side I am on, comming within 3 to 5 feet of me. I was only able to give a quick last minute hard cut towards our boat to thourly drench him. The boat behind us with a downed rider yelled at him passing by and he turned around to find out what was being said. The other boat very gracefully informed him of the "unwriten rule" direction of travel and got the response of "I have been on the Delta for 25 years and know what I am supposed to do here" and he sped off. This time was a close call, but the big weekends seem to be becoming more and more a roll of the dice on being able to enjoy the day Safely. Good luck to all this Summer and use some common sense while on the water. Oh and thanks to the other boat for trying to inform a Inbred sheep rapest of some common sense.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-02-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thankfully no one got hurt. I can't stand pricks like that. We have alot of rednecks on our lake tht have their 1962 puke green Tri-hull at full blast and ride right in front of us while pulling a rider or better yet ride behind my boat while pulling a rider. It is unbelievable. My wife has to remind we have kids in the boat because I just lose it with these type of people. Again, it is good to hear no one was injured.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-02-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
My theory on those weekends: Hit it early, pull the boat out of the water and sit at the bar watching the madness at the launchramp.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-02-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
I grew up on Vic's and I hardly ever go down that way any more because of that exact problem.
Last summer some idiot did a big turn around my boat (while draging his rope) and he drug the handle across the front of my boat hitting my wife and her friend both in the head. Lucky (FOR HIM) both of the girls were OK.
I can't stand the stupid people that they let buy boats. Early season is bad because all of the new boat drivers that just got their new boats, Which it seems like there is more new boats this year.
Becareful
al
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-02-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
sup evan
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-02-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
I agree. Hit it early and pull out.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-02-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Victoria is a good place to stay away from during the summer. Great in the off season though. There are tons of other spots with no one riding them at all. Remember the delta is huge, explore it a little and you'll be amazed by the spots you will find.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-02-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
As Gary's boat driver that day it was a scary and unfortunate situation. We couldn't get out early that day, but actually found it not that crowded and had no problems on Vic's other than that. I prefer the straigt lines to encountering a 35 foot ocean boat coming around a corner. Just glad everyone was safe and we still had a fantastic day of riding.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
J-rod you dirty dog.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
so frustrating... i think i'll make some big signs and my paintball gun
Old    ren            06-02-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
I agree with Arun.