Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
for the life of me i can't find a binding that fits good! my last binding were 04 byerlys and they were ok but after jamming my thumb a few times tightening them while riding i got rid of them. so i started the search for new bindings. ive tried on every 06 LF binding and the M is to tight and the L is way to big :-( so i moved to hyperlite, i tried on the murray M and it was too small so i tried the L and it still feels like my toe is being pinched even though there is plenty of room. i tried on the 3DS and it digs into my calf really bad, same for the drive. which brought me to try on the 06 byerly. i tried the M it was a bit snug but pretty coomfy. i tried the L and it was too big in the front. so i tried the M out and rode them. they were good except it took 2 people to get me out of them :-( so i took them back and wanted to order the M-L size they make. come to find out the binding is getting redesigned due to problems with them :-( so i'm left without bindings now :-(
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
have you tried the '06 cwb zeus?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
perosnally i don't like CWB, don't know why, i just don't and the shop i go to doesn't carry them
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-25-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Ya try the Zeuses, by far the best binding on the market IMO. If you havent demoed the
CWB Zeuses then you are missin out., its a have to.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
wakeskate
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
yeah im thinking im deffinitely gonan skate more this year :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have NEVER owned a set of bindings I didn't have to modify by loosening, tightening, or swapping out/removing components.

I have owned, Hyperlite, LF, CWB, and Blideside.

Find a pair that provides the support and make them fit.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Just get take a knife to the toepiece and cut them to shape, thats what I do. Of course this doesn't work with the bindings that have no hardware.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   

quote:

I have NEVER owned a set of bindings I didn't have to modify by loosening, tightening, or swapping out/removing components.

Same with me except, one pair of boots fit me perfect.....my '04 Ultras.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
the only bindings i ever modified were my hyperlite highbacks (the first ones that came out).
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-25-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Had to cut my hyperlites to fit too.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-25-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
You can pick up a pair of 05 parks in M/L off ebay or your shop or grizzly for cheap. The option 2 strap holds your heel well but they still open up enough to get out fairly easily and only the one back lace to deal with once you set the tension you want on the toe area. I went from the '04 zeus's to these and won't go back. And yes, I've tried the 06 zeus's as well. Just like boards, there is a binding for everyone.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-25-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
get a bigger pair of LF bindings and adjust the overlays. Just did this with a pair of transits and they fit awesome.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-25-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Have you tried some of the LF Narrows? I wanted to get my hands on a pair but they didn't have any in all of Canada :-( I managed to do the Medium Transits with some difficulty, but I have the problem of having a medium heel and a large front (width wise).

After wearing the medium Transits for awhile and not tightening up the lower laces much I've managed to do the mediums.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-25-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
The Nice RG-1's are great bindings that should also be included when searching for high end bindings.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
i really want transits but the medium feels like someone is squeezing my foot in the front, it's to narrow and the large my foot doesnt come past the top, so i think the large narrow would still be too long
Old    dirty_riderz            04-25-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Try the LF Alpha's, Or the 06'Parks signature boot. Both have felt good to us.