Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
Well, as of about 20 minutes ago, I am no longer a boat owner. The BU belongs to someone else now

There are too many to name individually, but thanks to all the crew members who rode with me over the past several years....many, many laughs and good times for sure.

I'll be hitting you all up from time to time to come out and provide additional ballast, drive or maybe even be flag biotch.
Old    walt            04-14-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Hi Christie,

It was really nice to meet you last weekend at the spring ride. Let Me know if you ever want to get out on the water.
mooch away !
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
It was great to meet you as well. I would love to come and hang out on your new boat one day when you get it all setup. Besides, I have to check out that new speaker box you won at Spring Ride
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
who's the Lucky Guy or Gal,] that got your rig?
Old    wakelvr            04-14-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Fisher, you know you will always have a spot available on our boat.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-14-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Christie, we are picking up our shop boat tomorrow morning... I owe you so you are more than welcome anytime.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-14-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
I know how you feel Christie. I cried when my boat pulled away out of my driveway.

Did your boat going to a loving home? That has helped me. John takes good care of my boat and I even get to see it on occasion.

You still planning on coming up next September for the NWHC end of season on the east side of the mountain? Hope to see you around.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Christie,
It was nice meeting at the spring ride any time you want to go out dope me a email.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-14-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
anytime you want to be ballist or a flagger you are welcome. just come out and have fun
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-14-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
Hey girl you can still surf right? Noel just bought a new, well loaded, VLX and picked it up last weekend. Can't wait to get out and see it.

I was sad for a long time after selling my boat as I had owned a boat for so many years. These days I rarely miss owning a boat, (Thanks Wes!) but there are times it would be nice to own one. Especially since few people will let me bring my fuzz ball along. Enjoy not having the hassles of boat ownership. As you can see, you are not truely boatless by any means.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Christie,
Bittersweet, no doubt, but as Peter noted...
I'm glad you found a buyer so fast, that is way cool, but not surprising given the pimp-osity of your rig. I am so grateful to you for all the friendship and laughs and pulls the past few years. Unfortunately, I cannot offer you a pull in return right now, but if you ever are itching to do some yard work or light construction...

And please be careful around sharks, you adrenaline junky!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
It was a non-WWer couple who bought the boat. I sure hope we don't see it doing powerturns out there in the future!

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments and offers to hang out in your boats. I'm sure I will be hitting some of you up when the sun comes out!

Jimmy - It is mostly bitter right now...I can't wait for the sweet part to sink in! Hmmm...you make a nice offer with the yard work and construction, but I might have to pass right now

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-15-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   

I know how you feel. Gotta be worse knowing thee isn't a new one following right behind it. Hope to see you @ Pateros.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-18-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Christie, you gotta come to Pateros this year, need pics of the 06 BU
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-18-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Is it true then. The old saying "The 2 best days of owning a boat is the 1 you buy it and the 1 you sell it"?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
Noti- It definitely feels worse knowing another one isn't on order.

Gary - What color scheme is the new one?

Lance - The best day was definitely when I picked it up. Selling was a tough one for me!!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-18-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
notidad

are you talking about pateros on the columbia above entiat?

what's it like up there? wenatchee native here.

always looking for new places to go. that's on the east side of the river right? any good places to stay/camp there?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-18-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Bruce,

Pateros is heaven. We go there every year for the season end get together. This year we'll be staying there for a week in July for the 'Boys Boating Vacation' as well. We also plan on heading to Vantage on the weekends to avoid the "Wally" traffic here on Sammish during the summer. Hailing from Wenatchee you should be able to appreciate the water conditions you find on the Columbia during the summer.

Fisher,

You can always ride in the Moby but there's a heavy tariff to pay when 'The Chicken' is driving.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-18-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
sweet, thanks for the reply cliff.

where do you guys stay? is alta state park on the columbia? trying to find some more info on it. i'm actually looking into maybe learning more about a 2nd house over there. something simple low maintenance close to the water. if my wife and i could find work over there, we'd move back to wenatchee in a heart beat. unfortunately, the money is over here.

i emailed notidad for some more info. cliff feel free to email me brucemac@gmail.com if there's anything else you can tell me.

thanks again for the reply.

--bruce
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-20-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for everything Christie! I loved going on your boat, and I like hangin' out with you!
My condolences.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Thanks, Tara. I'm sure we will get to hang out from time to time on one of the other boats!!
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
You gals came come hang out with me in Las Vegas. Unemployment is starting to get really boring!!!!!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-20-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Christie,

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you having me out on your boat a couple of years back; it was very kind of you to include a lousy beginner; that's just one of the things that made you such a great ambassador for the sport!

One of these days I'll finally get me a boat and when I do, you're welcome anytime!

I don't have a yard so I can't even offer you yard work.. But when I do, you're welcome anytime!

P.S. Hope you feel better soon and get back on the water full force, we miss those Schleprockfisher Productions films..
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Here you go Christie. I figure a Picture is worth a 1000 words.Upload
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Scotty - I might have to make another trip out there if you are still there in July.

Alain - Wow! Has it been that long already?? Thanks for the kind words!

Gary - Nice! Did you trade in the '05 or sell it?
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
I sold it outright. I do this every year, and like you its hard to see them go, even tho I am getting a new one
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-21-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Damn Gary! Sweet. BTW - I like the white boat theme you, me and Jeff have going.

Fischer - you have to go to Pateros with us just to see all the rigs. Pleeeeeeease.
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Don't worry Christie, there is life after BU.

Welcome fellow mooch.

trace
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-21-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Christie, now maybe you can focus on making some more awesome films for us