Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    theman            10-31-2006, 12:34 AM Reply   
Is the 2007 340 indmar monsoon enough power for the 23LSV
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-31-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Maybe, only if you get one of those new fancy ACME wakeboard props.

If you're going to weight it down then 340 is probably not enough.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-31-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
It really depends at what elevation you are running and how much ballast you use. I think the 340 is plenty if you reprop with the OJ XMP or the Acme wakeboard prop as Craig mentioned.

We have a 23 WSLSV with the Monsoon 340 with the stock prop. When will run around 2,800 lbs of water ballast (no wedge) and the boat is definitely sluggish when you start adding a lot of people. It will still plane out fine but it will definitely take longer than if you reprop with more of a wakeboard specific prop.

How much weight do you plan on running over stock ballast if any?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-31-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
I agree with Eubanks 100%. The 340 is fine if you reprop, or plan on running stock ballast only. I run just over 3000lbs and just repitched my prop while it was being repaired - I'm hoping that makes a difference so I don't have to buy the Acme.

If you do reprop, my recommendation is the Acme 1235. Not because I've driven a boat with one, but based on the simple fact that Acme tested the 1235 and designed it using an LSV as the testing platform.
Old    theman            10-31-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
I was wondering if putting the 383 HH in the boat would be any better. Someone told me to be aware of the 383 stroker. I have hear that the stroker is under alot of stress because they shaved the motor down and slapped such a big crank in.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-31-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Mine has the 340 with stock prop. With factory ballast, plate down, and 6-8 people it gets on plane fine. If you were going to add more ballast, then you might want more motor or a prop change. The prop change would be a lot cheaper if it gave enough more "holeshot."

The wake is great with the above conditions, so unless you were "going pro" soon I would not see the need for more ballast.

In your case Colby, you would probably hurt yourself if you added more than factory ballast and really charged the wake. My 16-18 year old nephews never would hit it hard even with the plate up.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-31-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
I just got my 07 with the 340. With the stock ballast and wedge down with the boat filled it planed just fine. It has plenty of power. However Last week my brother loaded it with another 1200 or so and it didn't plane too well, we would need to re-prop with that much ballast.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-31-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
go with the 450 hp