Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (wakebuddy87)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-19-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Which has a better stock wake: 247lsv 23Lsv or 24SSV Gravity Games? How do the prices compare between the supra and wakesetters (NEW)?

Thanks
Chris
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-19-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
247 LSV has an amazing boarding wake, but hands down the best surf wake. I never get into discussions about what boat has the biggest boarding wakes, but with surfing the 247 IMO is the king. The 247 will be more expensive then the 24ssv.
Old     (wakebuddy87)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-19-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
I dont do any wakesurfing so i dont really have a need for that. I just wanted to know if you need to put a lot of weight in all the boats in order to get a big wake. and just from the factory which has the biggest wake?
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-19-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
i have a 23lsv and with all the factory ballast and wedge and 3 people its not gimongous but for my intermediacy its really fun. if you want it huge ur gonna need more weight than standard. duno bout the others though
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-19-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
ummm easy answer.... which ever one you like better. real answer is you cannot go wrong with any of the boats posted. All are awesome. Go with the one you like better and the one that the dealer has a better reputation in your area.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Chris - This is an easy one... Go to your dealer and DEMO!!! Take each boat out and drive to see how they handle and perform on the water then fill up the STOCK ballast and ride. You have to ride, that way you can feel how each wake shape feels. Then you can compare and think about what wake will aid in your progression and enjoyment. One of them makes it easy... The other one you have to load down with ballast to get a wake. This will also give you time to check out layouts and the interiors of each boat and see what you like there. When you are done, make a list of every option on each boat and highlight the one between the boats you like best. Then when you are done with the list, see what boat has the most liked options, the most standard options, and then take price/cost in to consideration. GOOD LUCK...
Old     (wakebuddy87)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-20-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Jamie, When you say, " One of them makes it easy... The other one you have to load down with ballast to get a wake."
Which models are you refering to?

And i do plan on demoing... Im just trying to find out which boats to demo.
Old    ilovetrains            10-20-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
I drove a 23 LSV and 24 SSV back to back. LSV has a wider wake with more ramp. They are roughly the same height. The SSV had a steeper ramp to it. I preferred the LSV, but it has more to do with taste than anything else.
Old     (greygoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-24-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
Chris

I am a Supra/Moomba dealer. Definitely demo the boats. Both are good boats, but in my opinion I think the 24 SSV will provide a bigger wake with out adding any ballast compared to the 23LSV. I have not ridden in or behind the 247 LSV so I can not offer a comparison. With the ballast loaded on the 24 Supra the wake is really huge. As to price, depending on where you are located the Supra will proably be less expensive. FYI, I have a 2006 loaded out 24 Sunsport (Same as 24 SSV just with steps in back) that has 8.1L Gravity III ballast, heater, tower speakers, amps. Boat has all the options that can be added. This was my personal demo boat this year, and has been properly maintained. Selling for 55,500.00. let me kow if you are interested and I will provide pictures.

Thanks
Greygoose