Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
so, i rode yesterday...first time in about a couple months, and 3rd time all year. pathetic, i know, but i've been pretty busy.

after my first run, both my knees were a little sore, but my right more so than my left. i took a 2nd run, but cut it short 'cause my right knee was bothering me.

i can walk just fine...can hop, bend, etc.

before you guys tell me to go see a doc, i wanted to see you guys' opinion. you think it's just sore from lack of riding?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
Is it sore, like I just worked out sore or something different? If different, I might go se a doc, theres lots of stuff in the knee that can happen.

Or you may just be getting old.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
i think i'm getting old...it was just sore.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
bengay!
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-24-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Its probably just sore from not riding. My first couple runs of the year always leave me with sore knees.

The last couple runs also leave me with sore knees, but that's just because I have bad knees.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2006, 11:29 PM Reply   
best prescription then......RIDE MORE!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2006, 12:21 AM Reply   
let's ride elsinore channel then! it's supposed to be nice this weekend. then, you can show me the proper way of taking pics!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-25-2006, 1:27 AM Reply   
What're you talking about....you will show me!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
hey Joe, My knees are sore all year long I wear a brace when I ride most of the time but when i am on land and I bend all the way down and flex my knees to the max they hurt BAD when I get up. Havn't seen a doc yet and they still work. I think that natural medicine like glucosumene (can't spell it with out looking at the bottle) and riding are what has made my knees OK to this point. Docs are great but I don't like to hear bad news and thats the only kind of news those kinds of docs give. Ride, ride, ride. You might look in to a brace, but.... you are gettin' kinda old.

Hope you feel better

AL
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-25-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
Probably just sore. Take some anti-inflam. like Tylenol, advil and see how you are after a few days.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
get on some glucosamine.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
That's how you spell it!!

Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-25-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
My old left knee gave me some trouble for more than 10 years... Had it checked out and the doc said it was a MCOA (Mild Case of Old Age). Some groove that the kneecap is supposed to slide in is wearing out.
Had some bad problem about six months ago when it would hurt so bad while riding that I had to stop. About 3 months ago... ALL the pain went away. No pain at all, knee is like new.
And I did nothing special, just started riding more. I have been taking that Glucosamine stuff and something else along the same lines (Chiond...) for 10 years, maybe it took that long to finally kick in
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-25-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
chondroitin? or something like that...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Joe, have you been active during your off time?

Stretching, working out, etc?

Maybe you need to build some leg strength back up.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
Use ice on it and baby it a little. If it gets better, then it's just sore. If it doesn't improve or gets worse, time to see the doc!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Symptom=sore knee
Cause=old age
Treatment/Cure=none
Prognosis=not good

Didn't you just have another b-day? Can't wait to see what hurts after the next one. LOL!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-25-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Tape an aspirin to it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
i think you guys are right, that it's just from lack of riding and mcoa. my knee's fine and i'm looking forward to riding again, hopefully this weekend.

jrod, does running around w/ a camera count for being active? i do need to build leg strength up again. i started playin' basketball again...hopefully that'll not only build leg strength but endurance as well. now, if only i can quit smoking again, i'll be dandy!

thanks for all the responses.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-25-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
i rode for the first time this past weekend in like 6 months, but my knees, ankles, and hips were sore. ive been working out the entire off season too and im only 16 (17 in a couple days). i just blamed the pain on going too big
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
Joe - I found out that you can't be a loan officer and not smoke. You should come work with me.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
Joe, we rode on thursday night (after riding about 5 times this winter) and after my pull my right knee was killing me. Nothing really out of the norm for me it seems. We then rode dirt bikes on friday and by the end of the day I could barely kick my bike any more. Saturday I let it rest all day and then we rode dirt bikes again all day Sunday. By monday my knee felt great. I honestly think it's because I just haven't been on it much lately. I was suprised how fast the pain went away after being active all weekend.

I'd try to ride more often and see what happens.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
Sounds like signs of OMD to me.(Old Man Disease)
Work out more, stretch, and Advil when needed.