Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Sometimes the left one blows after running for a while. Sometimes the right one blows after running for a while. Sometimes, none of them blow after running for extended periods of time.

Do you think I should try 25 AMP fuses or do you think I may be a wiring problem? I was thinking its not a wiring problem since they work fine at times. I was also thinking that its not a specific pump issue since both pumps are blowing fuses are about the same rate.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-15-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
get the yellow impellars.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
mine used to blow all the time after sitting for extended periods. They would freeze up and blow under strain. Might want to open them up and see what's going on.
Old    K.B.C.            08-15-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I also used to blow fuses all the time. Swapped out fuses for some self resetting breakers and haven't had one problem since. I also second the yellow impellers, they don't get stuck and the pump doesn't have to work as hard to reverse flow.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Where do you get the yellow impellers?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
Have you ever given them a lube GD? I lube mine every year with silicone grease and it keeps them spinning no problem. The reason the fuses blow is because the drag of the rubber impeller against the brass housing is greater than the 20amp the fuse will supply. Increasing the fuse size will temporarily fix the problem but you will be forcing the motor to do more work than its designed to and will shorten its life considerably.
Old    K.B.C.            08-15-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
they sell the yellows at most MC dealers
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
I second the silicon grease, or die-electric grease (they have the cheap little single use packets at autozone on the front counter area). Mine were blowing fuses, and now they work fine after a good lubin'.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Where/how do you apply the grease?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Take the plate off the front of the housing and remove the impeller off the shaft and out of the housing. Just lube the rubber impeller directly and the housing and then slip them back together. If you have easy access to the pumps it takes 5 mins each tops.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
I replaced the stock black impellers with dealer-supplied yellow impellers, had problems with them as discussed here.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/593303.html?1214236376

Following the advice, I ordered (and received but have not installed) the blue impellers.

Probably will do so before next weekend when I can give the blue impellers a test.

http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1|311|53460&id=809302

To order the Globe replacements, you need to know the JABSCO equivalent in your ballast pumps. For me, it was Jabsco # 6303-0001 (or -0003).