Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 Wakesetter VLX and am having some probs with my speedos & PP. The analog speedo stopped working completely (it just sits at 0) and the digital one sporadically says we're going 34.1 mph when pulling and anywhere from 10 to 17 mph when idling. I have PP cruise and it won't hold speed at all. It says it's engaged (solid red light) but nothing. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated...with all the ballast in the boat it's really hard for the wife to hold speed when I'm riding. Going from 16-30mph on a wakeboard is not much fun at all...
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-08-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Glad to see you ended up getting a boat. I'm surprised no one has responded to your post. Maybe it got lost way down here on the page.

-Dan
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
your paddlewheel could be sticking, they ocassioanlly go out. Has the boat always had the problem? If the paddlewheel is in the wrong place it could be getting turbulance from the skegs??? Just a thought. PP Crusie is RPM based I believe, it may not hold speed very well as it's tuned to the boat RPM not speedo.
If yoru analog speedo has a pitot tube it may be clogged or the pickup is cologged, just take it off (pickup) and clean it out.
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Adam, thanks for the response...I checked and PP cruise comes in 2 flavors - speed or RPM based. Mine is RPM so there is no paddlewheel. There is a servo motor on the engine and it appears to be seized b/c I am not able to even turn the control knob to do a servo test per PP instructions. As far as the speedos go I cleaned out the pickups and the problem is still there...where is the pitot tube located?

Dan...nice to hear from you. How've you been? Give me a shout and we can hookup for a ride at Elsi sometime.
Old    trickskisrock            06-12-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Did you turn the boat off before trying to turn the servo? You should only be able to turn the servo when the boat if off. Also, when you first start the boat, does the servo go through its self check? (You'll hear the servo click a few times as it makes sure the throttle cable is tight when you first turn the boat on.)
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
I tried turning it when the engine was off and I was not able to move it at all. As far as the self check I will have to check that tonight when I get home...
Old    trickskisrock            06-13-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Sounds like your servo is siezed up. Here's another thread talking about what sounds like the same issue.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/334885.html?1150171346
Good luck
AJ
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thanks AJ...I'll give that a shot...I'll let you know if it works.