Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ianhedburg)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
I just go a new trickboard for $140. They are calling it their Pre-Release Board. It is a fiberglass foam core board. They made it after their large Surf Skate. It comes with a traction pad and Fins. There are no decals or airbrush work on it, but it looks pretty nice. I mean do you really need a board that has graphics on it. I have owned many other wakesurfers and this is my Fav. I had the wood surf skate before this one and the fiberglass is much better. I called up and talked to Larry and he told me about this amazing deal that I could not pass up. I had to wait about two weeks, but it was worth it. Go to www.trickboardz.com to get the phone number. Better hurry b/c I don't know how long this deal will last.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-18-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
I saw this board at the Landlocked Surf Fest last weekend. Very cool looking. Different than anything out there. Larry was riding it finless.

The best way to describe the shape is that it is shaped like a super flattened horse saddle. The rails are sharp and therefore needs no fins to lock in. Hopefully Larry gets some pics up soon.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-19-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
I really want to buy this, which trickboard is this closest to in shape and size?
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-21-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Just got off the phone with TrickBoardz and ordered one. The deal is not too good to be true, they come in your choice of red , yellow, and white I believe. I'l post a pic when I get it
Old     (surfslalom)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
I am thinking about buying one myself. Does anyone have pictures?? I would love to see them.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-05-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Finally got it! It's killing me cus my lake is no wake right now for another 1-2 weeks!
Upload
Upload
Upload
In comparison to my gator pro model 42, this thing is so small and light
Upload
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-05-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
i dont know about that thing? it looks tiny and weird, seems like it would just wanna spin in circles
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
We’ve converted TrickBoardz to foam core, fiberglass construction; like a traditional "ocean" surfboard. While I have been very pleased with how well our wood boards rode, fiberglass allows me more design opportunities.

In traditional fiberglass surfboard construction, you can first make the board, and then add art. Or you can skip the art and the board is just as strong but a little lighter. We are currently offering the Trick Boardz Surf Skate without the art. The boardz (before we add the pads) are about 3-1/2 pounds yet very strong (no problem with pressure dings). We are also working on the mold for the Mojo Grande and plan to offer the same discounts on them as well. So far we have done white, red and yellow. Blue and green will be available soon too. We anticipate offering custom colors as well.

The fiberglass Trick Boardz have exceeded my expectations. I have been riding the wood Surf Skate finless for a couple of years. When I first rode the fiberglass Surf Skate, I had to use fins to slow it down; the board is very fast. I am back to finless now because I like the loose feel. We recommend, and most riders prefer fins. Larger fins help for beginners, smaller fins for more advanced riders.

While the fiberglass Trick Boardz is lighter and more buoyant, it is still less buoyant than most other boards; therefore, still easier for beginners to handle. My son David is 210 pounds and now prefers the Surf Skate over his previous Trick Boardz. We think that the Surf Skate will probably accommodate a rider up to 220 pounds with a large wave.

Yes, the Surf Skate is “tiny and weird” compared to other boards. Our patented shape is very efficient. I set out initially to design the smallest wake surf board possible so they could fit in the wakeboard racks. As far as I know, we make the world’s smallest surfboards. Trick Boardz are also twin tipped and symmetrical so you can ride heel side and toe side in the same set. With 180s and 540s the board is not going backwards.

The Surf Skate is happy “spinning in circles” yet it also tracks straight very well. Our team rider, Adam Roten says that when he wants to stop a spin, he bends his knees a little more and puts weight on his rear foot. While the most he has done so far is a 900, we only have him on film completing a 900 but not surfing it out. Check out his Surf Skate video at www.TrickBoardz.com

The website does not show the glass boards yet. We have been too busy keeping up with the waiting list for boards to do any work on the website. Also, our boards are still made in America.
Old     (pureinsanity)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-08-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have ridden Larry's early prototype fieberglass surf skate and loved it. I now have one of the $140 boards that are being talked about here. I got the basic white with pads and no fins. When you first get the board you will probably think that there is no way you will be able the keep this small of a board going without a rope, but believe me it is just as easy if not easier than riding a larger bulkier board. Prior to this board I have been riding a skim board because I am primarily a surf style rider. 360's on my skim board are easy but this board makes them effortless and by the end of my first day I was doing 720's. With this board I can still get low and drop my rear knee for real surf style as well as having the manuverability of a wake skate. If you already wake surf this board will take your riding to the next level. I also could not believe how much easier it was to get the board to realease for ollie airs.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-08-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
Im not gonna be able to ride it until next week since my lake is at high water now. Can you compare the speed of this board to another surf?
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-10-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have ridden this new ride 2x and it is fast - no problem keeping it going and is way faster than my LF skim. I still am on the steep part of the learning curve - still adjusting to how loose it is. It will be a while before I can take the training wheels off, but know this will be a ride that will bump up my level.

Damn Craig, 7s 1st time out.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-10-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
i just dont see how you could do airs on this board?
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-16-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
I rode this board for the first time yesterday. Our setup was stock rear tank filled with a 150 brick next to it with a 150 brick in the stbd front seat and 2 passengers. It was easy to free ride without a rope, but because of the concave like bottom, it is less stable than your typical surf. It is really easy to pop off the wake and catch some air, I was even doing some small ollies in the flat section of the wake. So if you want the smallest surf that doesn't need a huge wake to surf and is super responsive and easy to air with. Buy this board. I'l have some pics up tomorrow.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-18-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Here's a lil clip of me riding the prerelease the first time
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kDu5I5V_arI
Sorry for the quality, youtube messes everything up