Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (luv2board48)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Hey guys. So whats the secret that people know do get high and I don't mean double up. If there isn't much of a secret then whats the proper technique tips and instructions for it. I am going out this weekend and that is what I want to work on along with a tantrum. Any tips would help. Thanks guys.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-18-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
proper edging (progressively) and standing stall at the wake. Don't let your knees be too much of a shock absorber.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
continue the edge through the wake and build that tension on the rope to get your pop
Old     (landon)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-18-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
I can't really help you out either but I can give a smart %$# answer like the others have.Upload You could ride one of these and get air like this out in the flats without a wake.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-20-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Holy S....! That is high. Did that hurt?
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Put about 3,500 lbs of weight in your boat, put the rope at 85 ft, cut out as wide as you possibly can....now cut hard, pull tight and hold your edge like you've never edged before!!!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-20-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Find the kid with the longest hair. Ask him if he has any green. Oh wait, nevermind.

Start with a subtle turn back at the boat, then at the wake making it hard and harder and keep cutting through the wake, don't buckle your knees when you hit the wake, just like you don't really jump with your knees on a trampoline.
Old     (luv2board48)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate it. I will try those tips this weekend.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-20-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
It would help if you told us what you were capable of.

Are you trying to get high enough to go wake to wake, or are you trying to get high enough to land a 720?

My experience and observation is that if you are still trying to get the basic wake to wake jump and are not getting enough pop it is because you aren't attacking the wake at a sharp enough angle. Cutting farther out and approaching the wake faster will only make it worse if you don't attack the wake.

Many people will cut way out and build up speed, then turn back towards the boat as they ride up the wake. This does three things:

first, because you are going faster than the boat and just turned towards it you get slack in the rope, which is bad.

Second, the angle you will cross the wake at requires a much longer distance. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. It is a lot shorter distance to cross the wake at 90 degrees than to hit it at a 45.

Third, riding up the wake towards the boat makes the ramp longer and shallower, you don't get the pop.

Unless you are on a really long line you don't need the speed. It would be a lot better if you only went a short distance out and then edged hard all the way up the wake instead of cutting way out and trying to charge the wake.