Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-21-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
Currently I am riding on a 2005 3DS with 2006 3DS bindings and I am an intermediate level rider. I have been reading up on the new Ronix Ibex and it has been getting fantastic reviews. Just wondering if this new board will make a difference or am I wasting my money. I realize a advanced level rider can do well on practically any board but sometimes a board can make quite a difference and help you progress to that next level. I really like my current set up but am not getting as much pop as I would like. Should I upgrade?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-21-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
Ride/Demo the Ibex... I was told, by a friend, it was the best board he'd ever ridden. With that, I was pretty curious... Now that I've rode the Ibex, I'm looking to get one ASAP!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
I rode the 3ds for a while and hated it, way to grippy and heavy... the ibex pops like mad, is pretty light, and just ride way better, do it... you will never look back
Old     (liquidboarder935)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-23-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Im riding the Ibex with relik boot and Im in love. Super light super pop and phat as hell. I teach camps and lessons and anyone can ride this board. You either like it or love it. Thats a George Foreman Garuentee.
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-23-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
I went from on 04 Hyperlite Parks to the Ibex/Relik setup and was amazed by the difference. The Ibex is more forgiving on the landings and the pop is also amazing. It required me to adjust my inverts to rotate slower since I was increasing my height/air time. It was also a lot faster and if you do any type of surface tricks the edge is more forgiving also. The Relik binding was also super comfortable. And I was amazed that I had a much better response and felt more connected to the board than with my 01' Hype/Belmonts. The setup as a whole also felt a lot lighter, but I have yet to actually weigh both board setups. In my opinion you can not go wrong with any of the Ronix setups.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-23-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
what's a ronix ibex cost approximately?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-23-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-23-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
how does it compare to the one?? i ride the one. has ne one rode a one and an ibex and wut do u like better and how does it feel diff.....
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-02-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
yes how does it compare to the one and are the landings soft
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-02-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
im not that great of a rider but i rode both boards... the one seemed a lot more grippy for me, and the ibex seemed a lot faster to me but both have great pop. and id say it lands pretty soft for that big flat spot on the bottom. overall good board, demo it.