Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       06-13-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
This has been discussed to death, I understand that. I'm not trying to spark another discussion back and forth regarding who should pay, how much, etiquette, etc.

None of that is an issue for me any more, because I finally had to instate a solid rule for anyone riding with us - $20, cash, up front. Gas has hit $4.70 in San Diego, so I can't afford to be generous anymore. If they don't pay, they don't get on the boat. I just can't afford the gas prices, and will not deal with the "I don't have cash, etc" bullsh*t anymore.

I hate to be so strict about it, but I pay for boat, insurance, lend out my gear, everything, and I own my boat with my twin brother, so we always ride together and our girlfriends are always down to be a 3rd or fourth, so I really don't need anyone else to go ride. I can pay for gas, and use it myself.

So, simple question. What are gas prices in your area, and what is that causing you charge people?