Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-10-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
So I listed my boat last night and had a buyer call about the boat today. They said the boat is exactly what they are looking for and asked a bunch of questions and then wanted to start negotiating over the phone having never seen the boat. I was nice and explained I thought it was a bit out of line to start low balling me having not even seen the boat. The person explained they were from canada and were ready to buy sight unseen if we agreed on a price. We did end up agreeing on a price and they want to drive down and pick the boat up in person this coming Wednesday. I am a little leary as they are so far away and from Canada. Does anyone have experience with a situation like this. I am running the transaction thru my dealer so that makes me feel a little better. Also we will be going directly to my lender and clearing the loan and then directly to transfer the title as they stated they have to have the title in their name to get across the border. I don't have any clue how that works and thats really their thing not mine. I worry they are rushing to get the title changed prior to a scam being detected.

My question is what do I need to do to protect myself against any known scams. The buyer has a US bank and would draw the funds from there(Wells Fargo). Do I dare accept a cashiers check even if the dealer and myself verify it thru the bank? The buyer wasn't to keen on the idea of showing up with almost 60K in cash. Short of asking them to pay in cash how can i be sure?