Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
i just got my 138 Nelson a few weeks ago and coming off riding premiers for the last three years(old shape,now ERA) i have found the landings to be a bit loose..this is causing me to butt check more then ever before or have to put my hand down a lot to save stuff especially on my inverts..

im not having problems riding it or getting air etc..i find it to be a very smooth riding board that is only loose when you want to be riding upright ..however on landings where i either land too flat or off balance i slip out a lot more then on my 140 premier dna..

I relaize theres a big difference in the bottoms of these boards but i am afaraid i have become used to the premier which has dictated my riding style to need the extra HOOKUP on landings..

so instead of selling the board or taking all summer to change the way i ride or get used to the board id like to maybe change the fins..

so where can i find a fin that is longer and maybe .2 deeper that will fit onto my 03 nelson DUP 138??

is it possible??is anybody else had this problem ??

i know its more my technique or lack there of but i need a simple soulution to help out .Nothing extreme just maybe a 1.1/1.2 X ??legnth fin??

I like the board and want to keep it so any help would be appreciated..

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
bill, I'll see if DU has any of what you're looking for.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
cool

the current fins are only 1.0 X 5.0 inch so...

i was looking around at the rainbows and they have a slider ,a cobe and a Shapiro fins that are 1.25 X 7.0 and up to 7.8 inch base..

im looking for something like that..will rainbow fins fit this board,holes line up etc??

what are some other fins companies out there..anybody got places to look and idea on what size will help it ride more like i want it to??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Yeah, the Rainbow fins should fit. They're pretty universal.
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
I am having the same problem, but the thing is, the nelson has a flat kind of molded space for the fins to sit flush on. if you get a fin longer than that flat spot, then wont there be a space at the end of the fin between the fin and board?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-24-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
You guys might check out www.cdifins.com. We have done quite a bit research on fins. We have put rocker into our fins so that they sit flush against the board. We actually used the Dubble Up board to develop that rocker. If you have any questions about a particular shape feel free to email us.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
From Casey:

We have a BS 1.25 inch fin that will fit on the Nelson. If you really want to go bigger you can put a DU 1.5 on there. I took the Blindside fin and shaved it down to about 1.15. email me and I'll get some sent to you.
casey@tritonsports.com

Thanks,
Casey Johnson
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2004, 4:53 AM Reply   
thanks Joe i emailed them ..hopefully they hook me up no charge :-)
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-25-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
Bill, I thought you decided to sell the board?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
its for sale but not sold so if the fins fix it up to my liking ill keep it ...:-)

im back on my premier and riding good again..go figure one board would help your riding m,ore then the other but it was like My Bday again getting back on the old premier..all my tricks were back and clean :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
Tell Casey to hook you up, or I'll kick his ass!