Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    raleyrider            12-25-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
just curious what you guys paid for your 21v either this year or last year? i know the boat shows are coming up and want to get a feel for how much flexibility there is? any help is appreciated
Old    inzane            12-26-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
Just got my 06pretty loaded,340 hp,perf pass,heater,dual batts,transom control,bimini,tower mirror,upgraded trailer with led lights and custom rims,4 tower spkrs,3 kicker amps and 1 kicker sub 52k o.t.d.
Old    raleyrider            12-26-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
i wasnt thinking about fully decking it out probably just amp, tower speakers, sub, perf pass, and cockpit and tonneau cover
Old    raleyrider            12-27-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
anyone else?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-27-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Pricing with the options you listed above should be around $45,800. With boat show incentives you should be able to find it for around $44,140. Email me if you have any more questions. I'm a dealer.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
I got a waaay better deal on my MC,50k otd

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on December 27, 2005)
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       12-27-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
raleyed, you just have to go with what you think is a fair deal. if you are comfortable with the price, then it's a good deal. there will always be some clown spouting off " i got a better deal because i paid $xxx!". who cares? as long as you bought the boat you want.

ps. my friend's brother's girlfriend's brother paid $41k otd for their x-2 with 2 years free service & free details every month.
Old    raleyrider            12-27-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
i just want to see what others are paying out there. i know dealers can go lower than what they advertise (which is obvious by seeing what others have paid). its always better to be more informed when you "go into battle" with the dealer (no offense to any dealers at all)
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-27-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
jon a,

What would you expect new 20v or 20ssv to go for given the same general options as above?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   

quote:

there will always be some clown spouting off " i got a better deal because i paid $xxx!".

your 2nd statement

quote:

ps. my friend's brother's girlfriend's brother paid $41k otd for their x-2 with 2 years free service & free details every month.

I guess you were talking about yourself!

All I was trying to say chuck is that he can get a waaay better deal then 52k loaded otd as you said" my friend's brother's girlfriend's brother paid $41k otd for their x-2 with 2 years free service & free details every month." as that is an MC and supposed to cost more.

Now calm down a$$ clown!!
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       12-27-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
actually that was an attempt at sarcasm. i made that part up because that's the usual type of post. it's nothing personal, i just get tired of seeing someone inquire about a certain brand & getting " you should buy brand x because its the best & that brand sucks" type of responses. i guess i misunderstood your post to be one of those. you are right, typically MC & SAN are more expensive than other brands.

anyway-- good luck with your purchase. i would say if you can get somewhere in the mid forties you are doing awesome.
Old    kvanderg            12-28-2005, 12:29 AM Reply   
I agree with Chuck and his first statement that you should go with what you feel is a fair deal.

I would rather leave a couple of bucks on the table and show the dealer that I am willing to work with him... then down the road... he works with me.

This theory, of course, would NOT apply to a LARGE marine dealer who's owner employs salesmen, sales manager, service department manager, etc. At the end of the day... chances are no one will even remember your name let alone the fact that you didn't chisel them in order to get the relationship off on the right foot.

JMO.
Old     (djhuff)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-28-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
One major consideration when asking for prices on a board like this... boats are a luxury item, and therefore pricing will be regionalized based on the specific demand of that region.

ex. If someone, say in Pennsylvania, gets a good deal on a boat, posts it here, and someone in Cali takes that price to their dealer, they will probably get laughed at.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-28-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
Chuck,definetely was NOT telling him to get an MC.I was just trying to point out that 50k+ is too much for a Supra and he got room to play,wanting him to try to get the best deal possible.I think a Supra is a very nice boat.

Matt,my point was exactly b\c in the warm states like..CA,FL,TX,etc the boats should be more expensive and since I live in Cali and own an MC,by those circumstances I should have paid for my boat at somewhat of a higher price.
Old    kvanderg            12-28-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Matt,

Good point... I am in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and with all the oil money here coupled with the fact that 1/2 of the dealers are here and the other 1/2 are 3 hours North... its hard to get a GREAT deal.

I know I paid too much for my 2006 21V (I will not disclose new boat prices... sorry) probably to the tune of $2K-3K.

I, currently, would only entertain buying a Bu, MC, Supra or Tige. Factor in the dealer thing and its down to Bu and Supra, factor in dealer proximity and its down to Supra.

I wish I could afford one of each... but just like women... they are too much money

KV
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-31-2005, 1:18 AM Reply   
Note the options listed:
"loaded,340 hp,perf pass,heater,dual batts,transom control,bimini,tower mirror,upgraded trailer with led lights and custom rims,4 tower spkrs,3 kicker amps and 1 kicker sub 52k o.t.d."
Also note taxes in IL 7.75%??? I would say you are doing pretty good. These are not cheapy thow in options. These are spendy...
Tough to say though... just work with yor dealer until you know that is the best you are going to get. Also other things that generally cost a bunch money down the road like winterizations and oil changes are a great bargaining chip...
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-31-2005, 4:58 AM Reply   
I would reccomend going with an aftermarket stereo. You'll be much happier in the long run.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-31-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
Diggs,since you mentioned LOADED,I feel that was kind of directed towards my comment.

All those options were included and then some,tho to this date I don't have a transom remote and not really sure I want one.

I believe the best way to get the best deal is go to the boat show and get 2 or 3 boats that are the same size(equally equiped) that you really like and just go back and forth.

And I 100% agree what Tom said.After spending so much money on the stereo,got rid of all of it and got new equipment.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-31-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
big ed:
no wasn't directed towards you... that was a copy and paste of the original post from raleyrider.
He said it was loaded + the stuff that is done to the trailer and kicker amps and subs, tower speaks... + 340 HP upgrade.... these are all thousands in upgrades
What I was really getting at is OTD means including sales tax and licensing... That is another 3-4k so realistcially he is in the neighborhood of 48k. Just trying to isolate percentage under MSRP and that is tuff to do until you really break down all the OTD costs that don't really apply....
My general opinion is yes you could probably do a little better on price (With those options), but prob not much more. The 21V's are selling so they know the next person will buy it.
I am not one to talk to much about pricing unless you are getting ripped off then I think it is time to talk. I generally keep what I paid for my boat between me and my dealer.
I think all of these boats are over priced, but hey we are paying it so of course they will continue to go up....
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       01-01-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
diggs.... amen, they are ALL way overpriced, but you have to pay to play.
Old    zane05            01-01-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
For the record heres a list of options i got.I agree Diggs all boats are way overpriced.340hp,flush kit,custom gelcoat pattern,docking lights,forward tower bimini,transom remote,tower mirror,perfect pass wakeboard pro,swingaway stainless tongue,custom aluminum rims,aluminum step plates,led lights,heater,dual battery,kicker kx450.2,kx600.1,kx850.4,12 inch L5 with custom box made and 2 sets of deafcon 3 and 7.75 sales tax 52k o.t.d.I was just trying to help someone with SUPRA pricing not start a debate if I paid to much if you do the math I think I got a pretty good deal.Diggs you sale your boat yet?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-01-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
nope. still for sale... not really trying to hard... just have it listed on flipsell. I would get an 06 21V if so, but I am quite content with keeping it if not...
Old    kvanderg            01-02-2006, 5:26 AM Reply   
Zane...

$52K, OTD, tax in, with all those options... IS A SMOKIN DEAL where I come from. Where did you buy it... a war torn region from and upstart dealeship in Boznia? No... seriously... what is the name of the dealership and what state?

This is how it works where I come from...

Calgary Big Oil Price = (USD normal price * 1.2 exchange * 1.07 GST) + (at least $5K just because they can)

I found the same thing with Tige, Malibu and Mastercraft... I can get almost any boat out of the states for $5K-$10K cheaper... but who will service the boat for ya?

Shame on you Alberta dealers

Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-02-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Kevin, don't believe everything you read... ie "Zane"... Enjoy your new boat, sorry I was'nt able to sell you a boat, I hope you understand...
Kevin