Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (concerned_tsr_rider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
Now this is just a rant about how the park is setup. I think the cable operators are great!!! Especially when they kept those OWC riders in line. ; )

My complaint is that they finally mixed the park up a little bit by putting in a new rail which everyone was digging but since the cable park manager did not like them he removed it a week or two after.

Now, I heard a couple reasons for the removal and I thing they could have been easily fixed. One was the cable was out of the water and the rope might get caught. It was only two to three inches out of the water which I think if you tried hard enough you could have sank the rail so it was even with the water. The other reason I heard was that it was too close to the turn and it was causing people to fall trying to make the turn. Again I think a minor adjustment to the rail point it more towards the turn would have resolved this issue.

I think this park need a good restructuring to suit all levels of riding and all types of riding. If you are a wakeskater there is not much to do unless you are a superstar or you don’t mind walking a half mile each time you fall. If you are a beginner/intermediate wakeboarder there are only a few things for you as well and if they are broken which seems to happen a lot you are SOL on hitting anything.

I think their management to listen more closely what the average rider wants because that is who your customer base is.

If you feel the same please let them know as I don’t think it will change until there is a bigger voice from the riders who ride in the park.

Email - blake@texasskiranch.com