Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-22-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Ronnie, I just sent an email to my sergeant to see if I could have that Saturday off. I have been down on Table Rock Lake with some friends from work and we just got back. It was perfect weather and we had a blast.

I am actually back down to Table Rock for a week with the family over the forth of July. We get back on the 10th, so I will be a little tired. I would think about coming out of retirement if you had a masters division, but I cannot compete with the young kids. I am still doing the same tricks I did 10 years ago, with the exception of any spins. Too old to progress, but I am still in good enough shape to maintain...I will definetly come up and watch, I love to see how good all the local kids are. It always amazes me how good the talent is around here, especially with our short summers.

I hope I am able to make it out..
Old     (tashi_sotiris)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-23-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
im a new rider trying to go to the next level, is there anyone who would like to work with me, or just chill and do some wakeboarding? i live in lincoln, but i can go anywhere reasonable? its a passion i def. want to go big!
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
Your doing the right thing, just find someone that you can get out on the water with. and just practice!
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-24-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
Natasha,
If Beaver Lake isn't to far you ya (in between Lincoln & Omaha), we usual ride out there two to three times a week.
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
We live in lincoln and go out to Bluestem every weekend. Let me know.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-01-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
What is everyone doing for the 4th? We are heading back down to Table Rock Lake to watch the show from the boat, it's always an awesome time. The kids love it too. Looks like a good chance for rain, but hopefully everything works out. I should get some good ride time in. I need to try and get some tricks dialed in for Ronnie's picnic tournament the follow week.

Who plans to make the tournament/demo day. I think I am going to make both...
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
For the fourth im going up to some huge lake in South Dakota for the weekend. The girl friend wants me to go so i don't really have a choice. Kinda sucks that i wont have my boat :-( O well.

Yea ill be there Friday and Saturday for the picnic. I work Friday so i wont be able to make the demo day, but after work im heading straight there so ill make the live music. And ill be there all day Saturday for the tourney.
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-02-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
Heading down to Tuttle creek in Kansas should be a good time.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-02-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Keir, how do you like blue stem for riding? I have never ridden that lake, but might check it out sometime. We will be closer to that lake once we get moved, which wont be for over a year, but I have always wondered what it's like.
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-02-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
I love it. It's a small lake only 376 Acres. More of a fish bowl so your runs aren't that long. However go early no boats. Go late evenning/weekends no boats/minimal. Mid afternoon on the weekends to many boats and it sucks. I will sometimes use that as my relax time and by 5 I'm back at it if I stay all day. Most of the time I'll show up at 6-9am and go till 11. by that time maybe one other boat shows up and I'm ready to head home.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-02-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
Bluestem isn't bad for an afterwork run. If you have to share, it's with 1 or 2 other boats and some fishermen, nothing bad. But, as said above, the runs are short, such is life.

As for the 4th, unfortunately I'm doing nothing wake related.

Boardcrazy, we need to get out again
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-02-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
Keir, Thanks for the information.

Darin, we will definetly get back out there. We have been so busy lately, it's been ridiculous. We did the roof last week and I couldn't hardly stand up because of my back for several days. I will be hiring that out from now on...way too much work for an old man. I think I am caught up now, so hopefully we will hit the lake more often once we get back from Table Rock. I will call once we get back into town and see if we can get some sets in. Are you going to the Picnic Tourney?

Natasha, you are welcome to come out with us whenever we go out.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-02-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
I thought I would post some pics of the Wetsounds I put on my boat. I would recommend them to anyone looking to upgraded...I picked mine up from Nebraska Water Sports.

Upload
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-02-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-03-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
What's Table Rock like right now? We are heading down in a couple weeks and I hear that its up like 12 feet. Is stuff floating all over the place?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-03-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
I hear ya on the being busy part. I rode more when the water was in the 60's than I have been the last 3 weeks!

I'm not sure if I'm hitting the tourney or what's going on yet, I think I have a benefit concert I need to go to for a friend of mine. Poor girl got brain cancer at 22... I need to check my calendar
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-07-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Mark, I am still down here in Table Rock for another couple days and the lake his not bad at all. Especially after all the boats from the 4th went through the lake and shredded the debris. Here are a couple links that might help out though...

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/show.cgi?3183/581350

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/584556.html?1212026553
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-14-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy -
you heading out at all this week?

How was the Picnic everybody?
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
Darin, I wont be heading out this week. My brother in-law is in from Japan and I am also doing cornhusker state games this weekend. I should be a go next week though. I don't have much on the agenda for the rest of the summer...

The Picnic was awesome. I had a lot of fun.
Old     (rjohnson50)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
hey Darin and Boardcrazy you guys seem to share the same passion for boarding as me. I just moved to fremont and looking for people to come ride with me or go riding with. Anyone from around the area hit me and let's ride behind my x-2...
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-18-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, It's cool, my week was nuts. Have to work something out for sometime next week though!

BJ - I PM'd you