Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Anyone ridden one of these I am thinkin about getting one and was just lookin for some opinions on the board. I currently have a O'brien Cobe 142 and im not sure if i should get the 3ds 143 or 139 im 6'3" and 195lbs. Also how does it ride is it fast slow and how does it hold on edge. I havent bought a good board ina while so i need alittle help on this one im thinking about demoing the board this weekend but well have to see how the weather is. So all info is welcome. Thanks
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
I have been riding one the past month and riding the TFD/3DS series for the past three years. I'm 5'8" 160lbs and riding the 135. I would think with your weight and height to go with a 143, but demo them both and see what is more comfortable. The board is fast and holds an edge really well and has a good amount of pop. If you demo or buy, switch out the 1.1" fins for .7" or .8" fins. I like the four fin setup instead of molded fins because they seem to track a little better, but their are small molded fins outside the real fins that give it a little extra grip when on edge (fins were an '05 addition). The board also lands softly. Try it out, you'll like it.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-25-2006, 4:22 AM Reply   
i liked the way it tracked and popped, one thing i would say is its not the best board for playing, not the best release. i felt that the edge catching possibilities were huge.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-25-2006, 5:17 AM Reply   
Hi Matt, I've been riding the Premier for 3 years, I demoed the new Murray, Premeir and the 3DS all on the same weekend. IMO, the 3DS was way better than the other two. You need to demo the boards your interested in and see which one works best for your riding style, that is the real test. Each person has unique styles and any of the high end boards are great but some will work better than others for you, buy the one that works best!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-25-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
the board is a bit heavier than most, so definitely demo to see if the 39 or 43 is what you want. its fast, tracks well, pops good and lands pretty soft.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-27-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
6'3" and 195 = 3DS 143. Anything smaller would be silly. At 180 I rode a 143 belmont and didn't have any problems. I'm down to 165 now and ride a 139 3DS.
Tracking = very tight
Edge hold = as good as it gets
Pop = best pop your gonna get on a continuous rocker
Release from wake = ehhh, it's ok,
Landing = very soft and stable
Other notes = Catching an edge has never been a problem for me with the 3DS.

The board seems to ride pretty high in the water and has very little drag. When flat the board is a little playful, but when you put it on edge it doesn't let go. The board builds speed very quickly. A full cut into the wake and you will be screamin before you even get to the wake. My best jumps on the 3DS come from 3/4 cut into the wake. If you have good from when jumping and like a fast ride then I would definatley recommend the 3DS.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
what does 3ds stand 4 any one know, chad sharpe said only him, paul (obrien) and some chick know...? any guesses how bout "3 dumb "ships" cant cuss here edited by deltawakerider on April 27, 2006)