Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Any recommendations for a boat shipping company? I am planning to buy a boat in Oregon and have it shipped to socal. Also, what's a fair price for this?
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-05-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
road trip
Old     (nizzle77)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
exactly greg, cheapest and safest way. Plus you get to give it the walkaround before taking it home!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-05-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
I agree with Greg, road trip! I live in Houston, TX. and bought my boat in Anitoch, CA. and rented a chevy trailblazer and towed my new boat a 2006 Sky Supreme V220 2000 miles back to Houston.

The total with Flight(I used miles), 1 week 1 way and unlimted miles on the trailblazer for $380, another $450 for gas and lodging for a total of $830 vs. $1500/2000 to hire a company to transport the boat back to Texas, so I saved roughly a grand. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
unless it's brand new, defianately road trip. and is the transport company gonna bring your baby home without any scratches and dings? if it's used, have a couple other options to look at as well on the way or up in the area in case the boat turns out to be different than as explained from seller. meet him half way would be an option with a place in mind to test the boat as well.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
The road trip would be a no brainer if it was summer and I could hit up Shasta and a couple of other spots on the way back. In winter, it is a different story. Steve, I like your idea of flying one way and renting a truck to only have to drive one way.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
I had a heck of a time finding a rental place that said they had hitches on their trucks. I asked around and most said it was prohibited. I missed out on a VLX in San Francisco because of that.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-06-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
steve,

you also have to factor in wages lost while not working
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-06-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Jonny, I took vacation time, so actually I got paid for the time I was off, so I didn't have to factor that in.