Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Hey guys lately we started rounding up footage and are waiting till it warms back up to get some serious filming in. let me know if you think this is a good list of people to rep cali for the vid. these are the peps i want in the vid but its gonna have the history over the years of so cal wakeboarding. anyway half these guys are already in so heres the guys so far i we want but havent talked to all them. mike shwenne, chris dykmans, aaron aubrey, derrick cook, jason callen, me, randall :-), ricky g, kyle murphy, tom van arsdale, the piru crew(they got me started,style), damien klass and your bro darrin if hes down, valdez bros for sure, the story behind canyon lake over the years, some stories from ricky ephroms mind, melissa, james haywood, keith kipp, josh smith(all your bros i want for wakeskate), collin wright, doogie, brian pierce, perry, shmaltz and theres more, sorry if i left one of you guys out if weve already talked.
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
chis, what my name is not up there!what up with that! my 180 will blow up the big screen!!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-30-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
Sounds good. You said you are focusing on so-cal, but I see a lot of central/nor cal delta peeps in there. If so whats the word on Storrer, Whispers, Nelson, and crew? I would love to see those guys ride.

P.S. I really hope you are not playing with our emotions by mentioning Randall but not having a commitment by him, thats just wrong.
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
haha rob! i love that kind of stuff. thats why the piru crew is gonna be on the map. they have the best grabs and 180's. could watch them tweak thier board all day anyday. thier rad cuz they put thier whole soul into it. never once do they look up at the boat during thier ride to see if people are watching. if you know them youd understand!
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
we have lots of so cal people actually. alot of people that you find at the canyon lake comps but yeah i just punched myself for not putting storrer and nelson up there. theres randall footage out there...but basically i hope tommy lee can get randy to ride for the vid so im gonna see wahts up. either way t lee is riding in it also and talkds very highly of randall and his style. we got quite a few celebs for the vid that wakeboard with us but thats gonna make this vid that much more fun.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-30-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
There's not one level-10 gymnast up there?
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
itll be sick if randy will ride again. i know scott humphrey tommy's producer stills talks to randall all the time. steve - o is gonna have the funniest wakeskate/party section. ive already seen some of the stuff. lol is all i can say.lol. pro skateboarders also catch on quick with wakeskating which is gonna be cool in the vid.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Chris, I would love it if you could twist Shmaltz's arm and get him on a wake board. I would also like to see Josh Smith, and Nelson. Those three in a section of their own. Kinda like the for fathers of west coast style would be killer.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-30-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
sorry to hijack, but expanding on what skylar said:

how cool would it be to see pro boarders from the snow and the street get a pull. bob burnquist on a wake skate anyone? i mentioned this in another thread, but someone needs to strap shaun white to a wakeboard. give him a week or two, at most, and i bet he's throwing down handle-pass inverts
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
man i forgot to to mention messer(the og wakeskater), pete ward, and the elward brothers. anyway yeah im excited about all the crazy footage we have. there is alittle bit of some level ten gymnast stuff in there but thats definately not the idea. you'll still see some nines, probably no tens lol, lots of sevens from everyone, smooth double indy tantrum off the dub!, lots of good stuff. oh yeah BIG BLOCK PRODUCTIONS if anyone was curious.
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
its not going to be released till next summer which is good because some of the snowboarders have parts and we have to film them in the winter but its fun to watch the cross over from wake to snow for them.
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
hall brothers
Old    wsrmatt            10-30-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
finally
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-30-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Sounds sweet...Whos shooting it? and on what?
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
squid, man i would love to even meet shmaltz and nelson. those guys were my idols growing up, posters and stuff ya know. im just hoping they might be down for some stuff and maybe see this vision im seeing. big block productions is filming it.

(Message edited by cdubs on October 30, 2005)
Old     (derekcook)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-30-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
chris,
what up man. the video looks like its going to be sick. Im down for sure. hit me up
Old    wsrmatt            10-30-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
if you could get josh smith, eric shmaltz, and nelson to hang and ride the same day. !! damn. chris thanx for chatting with me earlier and bro i completely see this vision. crazy but a wakeboard vid is the start. wakeboarding goin hollywood? anyway have fun in thailand. siiiick
Old    tomvanwake            10-30-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
eric blevins is in. dirty? i cant beleive how many girls you have on your leash. they even call themselves "dirty's girls" haha. check dirty out http://www.myspace.com/odb
Old    wsrmatt            10-30-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
i saw some fun looking footage of chris on myspace. check it out http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=5135428&bl ogID=35784058&Mytoken=7F5F389C-BE63-1214-7521C0B34548160644674072 thier crew and that rephrom guy look fun. ive never met rephrom but heard stories! supposedly rephrom is the host for like 2000 kids each week on spring break. the dude on the mic and i heard he was a nude dj one time and chris was right behind him making him puke but still pulled off the performance
Old    cdubs            10-30-2005, 10:42 PM Reply   
hey guys just got off the phone with some peps. when the video is finished we are going to throw the premier party at tommy lee's pad or his producer which is insane too! its awhile away but they said "f yeah you know were throwin the party" 95 yes on some private trips for the riders on a 40 million dollar g4 jet and all. this isnt gonna be just an hour long dvd im guessing
Old    wsrmatt            10-30-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
hey man what about our winter time midnight surf sesh's back in highschool. i have that stuff on footage. glowsticks around our necks at county line 8 ft baby. haha.
Old    wsrcallen            10-31-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
im down for this
Old    cdubs            11-01-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
Glad to hear my rider list is filling up. Thanx guys!! Lots of new wakeboarders and wakeskaters also. All the footage from Big Block Prodctions has been building up over the years so we might make it a two disc set.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-02-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
tommy lee's hosting the premiere party? is that the same tommy lee that sunk your boat?
Old    cdubs            11-02-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
his producer did(tommy went flying though haha) but everything is squared away perfect.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-02-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
Chris,

You should definatly talk to Josh Smith and have him bring Jaime Eddy out to Wakeskate. He's off the hook! If you need his info I can give it to you also.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-02-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Chris what up im in for sure just got the email you shoudl definately add james evans for wakeskate he is killing it and only been riding for 18 months.