Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-02-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 Moomba Mobius LSV and my cover has started to deteriorate. I have always found it time consuming and difficult to place the factory cover on my boat with the pull ropes under the rub rail.

I'm looking into purchasing a new cover this year and would like some opinions on the best fits and decent quality covers. I would like to keep it under $500 if possible.
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-02-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
For the price you could do a snap on cover. They are the most convenient, but then you have the snaps which may not be a big deal to you.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
Carver covers makes a really nice cover out of a new Performance Poly-Guard material. I prefer it to all the Sunbrella covers I've had in the past. It is much lighter, breathable, and very strong. I'm sure they have a template for your boat.

Here is a picture of mine on my 210.

Upload
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
Also, might fits very well without even using the pull ropes. They are tailored to fit tight.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Call Kevin at Gonnasons. I remember last year he had a bunch of New Rankin covers that he was selling for really cheap. I think some were slightly miscut (tower holes didn't line up or something) but if I remember right he was selling them for around $200 and then you could ship them to Rankin and they would fix'em for around $100. Great product at Great price for just a tiny bit of legwork (a couple phone calls and a shipment save you about 70% off of new). But call him cuz I'm not sure if he still has any left, but if they're there that is a great deal.
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-03-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Aaron D.....no offense here but, It looks like the cover in the picture would hold water near the back of the boat. Its obviously covered in the garage....do you have it outside with the cover on it?